Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Removal from audio or video call in a group by another participant

When a participant is removed by another participant from an ongoing audio or video call in a group, he/she should be informed by whom he/she is removed.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Power for admin

My idea is that in skype admin has no extra power and can be removed in group video calls as normal participants can be removed so to make the admin protected from this issue you can block the participants from muting or removing the admin and if anyone removed any other than the name would be showed to the admin

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alexa group chat

My 86 year old mum has an Alexa show which I Skype her on every night (which is great and simple for her). My brother and her grandsons live in New Zealand and we’d love to be able to group video chat with her. Any chance of updating the Alexa Skype software to allow this

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the background in video call like Microsoft Teams

Allow to Select “Show background effects.” during video calls

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to share system audio when sharing screens on Ubuntu/Mac

I can share system audio when sharing screens on Windows, but the same functionality is not available on Ubuntu, Mac or iOS. Such functionality should be available across platforms.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. remove from call

At the moment we have to do schooling via skype. (BTW thanks for opportunity!) But it happend that someone of our pupils removes other participants from the call. Is there any option to cancel this option for all the participants? Maybe it could do the admin only? And the same for "Mute someone"
    That would be very helpful dor us now. Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to change the ringtone to custom

You should be able to have your own custom ringtone on which you could download, and skype should have some of their own ringtones too

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharing computer audio while screen sharing on a Mac!

Please make it so that I can share my computer's audio while screen sharing on a Mac. You can do it using PC's, so I don't understand why it isn't a feature on Mac's.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Submit idea

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is my pleasure to say that I am proudly using "skype.com/en/free-conference-call" to take online lecture/group discussion for my students during the pandemic infection by Novel Corona Virus. It was excellent experience with Skype, however, I am facing one problem.

Many times during the online lecture/group discussion, one notorious student removed me during the conversation/online lecture.

Therefore, I request you to kindly give an option for meeting organizer to add or remove any participant during the meeting.

Regards

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FULL SCREEN!!!

"full screen" should be just FULL SCREEN!!! The full video should be the only one shown on the screen, please remove the gray border on the top and bottom, it's so bothering.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype Group Call

Hello, it will be good do be able ONLY call beginner (host) to mute someone else or remove from call or grant someone else this permission. Also it will be good ONLY group creator to be able to make group call or grant someone else this permission. Also when group is calling, on the mobile devices is not shown the person from the group, who is making the call.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Limit rights of group chat participants

When using group chat, now there is no way to limit the rights of participants in the conference, which poses certain difficulties. For example, each participant can turn off the microphone of one or more chat participants. You must enable the creator of the group chat to restrict the rights of participants.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hey! Can there be more than 50 participants in meet now call, so that Universities or Colleges will be able to Use Skype for online classes

Skype would be a great option for colleges, infact it's used in few Universities and colleges, due to pandemic, schools and colleges were shut down, so it would be great if the video calling participants limit is raised from 50 to more participants so that Skype will be very useful for most of the educational institutions, as skype is best platform and secured, I urge to increase the number of participants per call!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. display the name of person who muted or removed you from group calls

As the corona virus situation we are having online classes. But someone is removing and muting other participants in the chat while they are telling answers it would be great if the name of the person who muted or removed you from the call would be visible.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove "remove from call" feature

1)Remove this feature "REMOVE FROM CALL" which enables anyone to remove literally anyone on the call. It's a fun to do but it someone messed up my important presentation by muting me or removing me from the call.
    2)There is an another way, instead removing this feature so called "REMOVE FROM CALL" give the authority to THE HOST ONLY to remove from a call.
    THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SHIT DO SOMETHING!!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. All participants should be visible in a grid on group video calls.

I would love to be able to see everyone at one time on group video calls. Especially because my groups like to practice choreography together. Zoom seems to have that feature and I have tried everything to make everyone visable. If you already that feature, it is the best kept secret on skype.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. pls add a feature to know who has removed or muted us in the group conferencing call. It wiil be very usefull to find the culprit

I was in a group chat with my teacher. someone was continuously removing us from the chat.that's why i missed some important points and many important lectures.Please either remove this feature or add the name of the remover. This will help us to find the culprite.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it so we can see more than 4 people at a time in a call.

Want to be able to be like zoom when it comes to seeing multiple people.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. NDi on Linux - Please add feature

Can we pleas have the NDI feature also for Linux Desktop users.
    Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base