Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hey! Can there be more than 50 participants in meet now call, so that Universities or Colleges will be able to Use Skype for online classes

Skype would be a great option for colleges, infact it's used in few Universities and colleges, due to pandemic, schools and colleges were shut down, so it would be great if the video calling participants limit is raised from 50 to more participants so that Skype will be very useful for most of the educational institutions, as skype is best platform and secured, I urge to increase the number of participants per call!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Power for admin

My idea is that in skype admin has no extra power and can be removed in group video calls as normal participants can be removed so to make the admin protected from this issue you can block the participants from muting or removing the admin and if anyone removed any other than the name would be showed to the admin

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the background in video call like Microsoft Teams

Allow to Select “Show background effects.” during video calls

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove "remove from call" feature

1)Remove this feature "REMOVE FROM CALL" which enables anyone to remove literally anyone on the call. It's a fun to do but it someone messed up my important presentation by muting me or removing me from the call.
    2)There is an another way, instead removing this feature so called "REMOVE FROM CALL" give the authority to THE HOST ONLY to remove from a call.
    THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SHIT DO SOMETHING!!!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. pls add a feature to know who has removed or muted us in the group conferencing call. It wiil be very usefull to find the culprit

I was in a group chat with my teacher. someone was continuously removing us from the chat.that's why i missed some important points and many important lectures.Please either remove this feature or add the name of the remover. This will help us to find the culprite.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it so we can see more than 4 people at a time in a call.

Want to be able to be like zoom when it comes to seeing multiple people.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. All participants should be visible in a grid on group video calls.

I would love to be able to see everyone at one time on group video calls. Especially because my groups like to practice choreography together. Zoom seems to have that feature and I have tried everything to make everyone visable. If you already that feature, it is the best kept secret on skype.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Skype Group Call

Hello, it will be good do be able ONLY call beginner (host) to mute someone else or remove from call or grant someone else this permission. Also it will be good ONLY group creator to be able to make group call or grant someone else this permission. Also when group is calling, on the mobile devices is not shown the person from the group, who is making the call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. display the name of person who muted or removed you from group calls

As the corona virus situation we are having online classes. But someone is removing and muting other participants in the chat while they are telling answers it would be great if the name of the person who muted or removed you from the call would be visible.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Virtual Backgrounds like Zoom AND Picture In Picture for showing things without leaving the screen!

Virtual Backgrounds like Zoom AND Picture In Picture for showing things without leaving the screen!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Preventing removing from the conversation

When learning via the internet, the group chat administrator function is urgently needed so that no one can remove anyone from the conversation. Alternatively, a second function that shows who removed you from the conversation. To prevent fooling around. This function is urgently needed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Being able to see who removed you from the call

Plz enable the feature to make sure that we are able to see who is removing who from the call because I have a class on skype and someone keeps removing the teacher and it's such a big disturbance. Plz help us solve this issue.
    Thank you

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prevent USER members of a group disconnecting or muting other users.

I have created a group of 24 students. Very carefully (and tediously I may add) I have set each member of the group to USER status and kept myself and one other as ADMIN. In a GROUP CALL this status seems to have no effect as USER members of the group can mute or disconnect others, including the ADMIN. Whilst this causes much amusement to students, it is disruptive. Please consider disabling mute and disconnection features for USER members of a group. Please also make it easier to edit privileges rather than using codes in a chat window.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. we would like for you to allow only one admin to remove a member in the group chat

we would like for you to allow only one admin to remove a member in the group chat

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alexa group chat

My 86 year old mum has an Alexa show which I Skype her on every night (which is great and simple for her). My brother and her grandsons live in New Zealand and we’d love to be able to group video chat with her. Any chance of updating the Alexa Skype software to allow this

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to share system audio when sharing screens on Ubuntu/Mac

I can share system audio when sharing screens on Windows, but the same functionality is not available on Ubuntu, Mac or iOS. Such functionality should be available across platforms.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Only organizer or group calls has the control

I've been teaching to kids using this tool and they discovered they can disconnect their classmates from the call. It would be PERFECT if only I could control that.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skype on smart TV again

Dear Sir / Madam,

Can you please make Skype available again on Smart
    TV's.

During the Corona pandemic it can be very usefull to stay in touch with your family.

Thanks in advance,

Krisztina

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base