Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How should we access burned records that we really need???

These days that we are in quarantine and we are extremely in use of video calls this is a really important issue to be solved; plz pay attention to it, and help us with this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using speakers, not earpiece

Android version. Allow the user to select output, earpiece or speakers. Most people don't hold the phone when using Skype, they lay it down or put it on a stand, so people can see their face. You can't do that if you have to hold the phone to your ear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Call Controls When Skype is in the Background for iPhone

Show Call Controls When Skype is in the Background for iPhone. Play with phone while seeing friends face in the background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give a person awaay to reset setting for audio when you update a computer and mess up audie like you ALWAYS do

EVERY time you up date my computer you ***** up my video audio, I spend HOURS trying to fix it. Very anoying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. IPadOS Multitasking

When you’re multitasking/having two or more apps on the screen, the face cam is still able to work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. transfer video

I've been using Viber more and more lately because I can transfer a video call between my mobile and my notebook. Is there a way to do this with the free edition of Skype?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. make the keypad obvious so we can dial a new number

just simply displayed as before. I can't see it so can't call a new number

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hotkey for fullscreen

Please give us a hotkey for full screen mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Skype Channel on Roku

This would enable users to communicate remotely with other users. Some folks don't understand how to use casting apps from their phone or computer, & a direct Roku Channel might be more user friendly. Viewing your chat guests on a larger TV screen would also enhance user experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Embed skype into an existing website for videoconferences with clients

It would be great if Skype could provide users with link, add-ons or widgets they could embed to their website to provide videochat to their clients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Manuel shutter speed / iso during video calls

Please add Manuel shutter speed or iso controling for the video calls because a lot of times the shutter speed be too slow so the video calls be too much bright in indoor senses so the video be slow like GIF!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. please fix the issue where skype hangs up when you're put on hold when calling someones mobile/landline

skype hangs up when put on hold whenever you're calling someones landline or mobile phone. please fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto correcting video call orientation in group call.

During group video call, when phone is kept horizontal position, the video call orientation is showing differently for each caller. If video orientation adjusted to up straight for one or few, the rest of the participants having the video up side down. This happens only when phone is kept horizontal position.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conference ID Spacing

Hi Skype!

Can you please add spaces in the Conference ID numbers? 223322223 is easier to read if it’s written as 223 322 223. Spaces enhance the readability and eliminates typing the incorrect ID. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Apple WatchのSkypeリディースについてのお願い

Apple WatchのSkypeのバージョンをリリースしていただきたいです。
    よろしくお願いいたします

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Wǒmen xiǎozǔ zài liáotiān,(xiǎozǔ yǒu 30 gèrén) dàn jīngcháng huì bèi guà diào xiàn, shǐ wǒmen wúfǎ jìxù liáotiān, wǒ kěyǐ zhīdào shì shéi

Our group is chatting, (the group has 30 people), but it is often disconnected, which prevents us from continuing to chat. Can I know who hung the group line? Because his funny has affected my work, so I can know who is funny and warn him

If you add this function, I will recommend my friends and colleagues to use skype, because I really like skype, but this time it has been hung up by others, it has affected our work, I am also testing whether to change the communication software,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skype audio compression is obsolete than youtube audio compression

Skype audio compression is obsolete than youtube audio compression

Youtube are stereo audio and best audio compression than Skype

In Skype the voice of artists and musical instrument sound very bad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. how not to auto send recorded call in skype to opposite side

how not to auto send recorded call in skype to opposite side

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skype Calls with Subtitle and Keyboard

When making Skype calls the keyboard and subtitles should work simultaneously. For example how can one get instructions from an automated machine to enter account number, passwords, SSN, etc.. etc... if keyboard is locked? How can a deaf or hard of hearing person use keyboard during Skype calls if Subtitle is turned off?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base