Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Skype Audio

Please add the option to use stereo audio in Skype calls. Currently they are in mono, and this is extremely annoying when playing stereo audio files or games that use stereo sound.

Please also add the ability to disable all audio processing and sned the unmodified audio from your recording device. I have a very high quality microphone, but the audio processing makes it sound worse.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjustable video quality

I have limited internet on my wifi connection and so need to reduce the video quality of my call for my android phone. If there is already an option, I'd suggest making it easily accessible as it's virtually nowhere to be found.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please return click to call

please return click to call. really useful feature for a lot of people

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add the option to mute incoming ringer

Please add the option to mute incoming call ringer (ringing on secondary audio selected) when status is selected to "Do Not Disturb". This was how Skype use to work, ver 7 and earlier. For now I have to either make sure to totally must my computer, (all audio devices), or shutdown Skype/Quit Skype to not be disturbed by incoming calls.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to choose WHICH contacts' calls are answered automatically.

In addition to choosing to let and video starting automatically when a contact calls you; Let us only choose certain contacts that are able to have their call answered automatically. Give us more control, please.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. please let me know when call history is back

call history - the list of calls received by skype is missing in current versions so i am holding on windows v7 until it returns. the feature is missing in the android app as well even though you get a push notification, when you tap on it it returns you to nothing so you have no record of what number called you or any ability to return the call. thanks.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate Stereo Audio

Skype should integrate Stereo Audio for musicians / creatives looking to collaborate and add depth to the conversation using stereo microphones / direct audio ins. Zoom voice call currently supports this and I think it would be a revolutionary addition for many collaborating creatives such as myself who give lessons and consultation over Skype.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Audio share on android tablet

I want to audio share on my Android tablet called Samsung Galaxy Tab a 8.0 while I'm screen sharing because I can't audio share what's on my screen through Skype on my mobile device

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow customers to choose their own ring tone...I can't stand the sound of a Skype call coming in...it's annoying.

Allow customers to choose their own ring tone...I can't stand the sound of a Skype call coming in...it's annoying

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audio

Please bring back the 4th button in the video chat frame which controls the volume of just the other person's voice, not the devices volume.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. remove from call

At the moment we have to do schooling via skype. (BTW thanks for opportunity!) But it happend that someone of our pupils removes other participants from the call. Is there any option to cancel this option for all the participants? Maybe it could do the admin only? And the same for "Mute someone"
    That would be very helpful dor us now. Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can I stop other participant to remove me from the group call . The app should block this feature to mute or remove other participant.

The aap should block thjs featurs or give the name of the culprit who is removing continuously the other participant. And only the host of tghe group should have that authority. And I think the aap dont have any concern abkut their aap users

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Removal from audio or video call in a group by another participant

When a participant is removed by another participant from an ongoing audio or video call in a group, he/she should be informed by whom he/she is removed.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Displaying name who removes or mutes participants

I always get muted or removed by another participant on group call so i would like u to display the name of the person who does these

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for “ringtone” change

Please allow us to change our Skype “ringtone” to something of our choosing. Let us make changes to what ringtone we want our contacts to have. I have missed numerous calls because I didn’t identify the sound. It isn’t distinct. It does not matter how loud my volume is; I can’t hear the Skype call. I like using classic ringtones and music as ringtones because it’s attention-grabbing and I can assign a specific ringtone to each of my contacts so i am able to identify who is calling without having to look at he phone screen.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. split screen optional for video recordings.

Please make split screening optional for video recordings. I understand this feature is not available at present.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add "Mirror Image" to Webcam Settings

When used with Microsoft's own LifeCam HD-3000, Skype presents a mirror image! Makes it awkward when showing printed material to another party. Please add "flip left-right" option to Skype "Webcam Settings". And please consider adding other image rotation and reflection options: may be useful to those who mount the camera sideways or upside-down.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base