Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable possibility of any participant being able to remove another participant from an ongoing skype meeting

Disable possibility of any participant being able to remove another participant from an ongoing skype meeting

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connect multiple microphones through an audio mixer

Can you add the ability to connect multiple microphones through an audio mixer. Using Skype for podcasting with multiple hosts isvery tricky to organise with it's current one microphone only restriction.

Thanks

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio share on android tablet

I want to audio share on my Android tablet called Samsung Galaxy Tab a 8.0 while I'm screen sharing because I can't audio share what's on my screen through Skype on my mobile device

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable up to 10 group chat video streams to be visible in grid with ability to enlarge view of whoever is speaking

Instead of just four large video stream images filling the screen, provide option to see all participants – up to the max of 10 – in evenly sized images with the option to enlarge the image of whoever is speaking.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Call blocking for phone numbers. Blocking non-Skype users from calling Skype phone. I am tired of RoboCalls at 2 a.m.

Call blocking for non-Skype user phone numbers (RoboCalls). I am tired of RoboCalls at 2 a.m. to my Skype number while overseas.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Polycom VVX601 requires newest firmware 5.8.2 to prevent voice issues

Polycom VVX601 requires newest firmware 5.8.2 to prevent voice issues. Please have Microsoft start pushing the newest Polycom software to phones to prevent issues

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add the option to mute incoming ringer

Please add the option to mute incoming call ringer (ringing on secondary audio selected) when status is selected to "Do Not Disturb". This was how Skype use to work, ver 7 and earlier. For now I have to either make sure to totally must my computer, (all audio devices), or shutdown Skype/Quit Skype to not be disturbed by incoming calls.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Been Asking for a MUTE OPTION for Two Years Now

How do you launch a new version of skype and leave out the option to MUTE THE RINGER? And what's worse is I know I haven't been alone in bringing this up repreatedly over the last two years.

I'm a paying customer who uses the service for taking calls on my nightly radio show. Come November 1 when I am forced off of Skype Classic, I will also be forced to end my business relationship with you that has spanned many years now. It's going to ruin every broadcast with that obnoxious ring

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Start video automatically when answering a call

have a Samsung tablet just for Skype.

My mother has dementia and cannot operate any controls.

Her Skype is set to answer video calls automatically.

The trouble is that her video is always switched off, so I can never see her.
    yPlease enable video send in Skype when a call is automatically answered.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video calls are not working for a lot of people in the new version. When a person goes back to 7, it works fine, yet again.

A lot of people are complaining that there have been issues. I know, I, for one could not do a video call on the new version. The person could not hear me, until I switched back to our precious Classic. Keep Classic Skype, alive!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back call tech. info.

It is an invaluably! tool when helping, the not so technical “interested” friends, to get good video quality.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Only Host should have the power to remove any individual from the meeting.

We are facing a lot of difficulty while attending an important group call. This is bacause the power of removing anyone is in the hands of everyone which causes discomfort or the meeting becomes meaningless.
    I would request to please bring some changes , either put the Power of removing anyone in the hands of host or do display the name of the user who is removing the other candidates.
    I will be highly grateful for this awesome consideration.
    Thankyou

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. have a host feature in meeting so that no participant can remove the other other than the host

have a host feature in meeting so that no participant can remove the other other than the host

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Limit rights of group chat participants

When using group chat, now there is no way to limit the rights of participants in the conference, which poses certain difficulties. For example, each participant can turn off the microphone of one or more chat participants. You must enable the creator of the group chat to restrict the rights of participants.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mute locally person

My idea came to me during one of conversations which have taken place in my job. I sit in rooms with two guys who also participate in these meetings. And when one person was talking, then I was hearing him twice - first locally in my room, and second in my headphones (there is a few seconds delay). It's a little bit annoying (at least for me). It would be nice if you consider adding option for "mute locally person" (which causes that only I doesn't hear someone). Currently there is an only possibility to mute person globally.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View more participants simultaneously

Allow up to at lease 16 participants simultaneously.
    It could be as an options of layout 2X2, 3X3, 4X4 and the regular view

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adjustable video quality

I have limited internet on my wifi connection and so need to reduce the video quality of my call for my android phone. If there is already an option, I'd suggest making it easily accessible as it's virtually nowhere to be found.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve the way video calls work with text chat functionality

The current state of things:
    Using text "Chat" option in video calling/group video calling in Skype 8.0+ is discouraging to chat users. Presently the video takes up a HUGE area and is not resizable. in Skype Classic (7.0+) the video takes up a rectangular area at the top of a chat window. In Skype 8.0 the video takes up the side and is resized. If the screen is too small, there is no chat at all. There is no way to display the camera and the chat window simultaneously when the window is at minimum width.

Feature request:
    Provide a…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remote desktop feature.

Allowed friends can do mouse operation on shared screen to help friends.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Native dialer on android

Make it that skype can handle native calls and be the default dialer app on android. Go a step further and give it a "handoff" feature for calls using Wi-Fi, similar to Apple devices

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base