Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype should allow me to transfer a call session between devices

I might start a call on my iPad, or on a web client, but want to transfer my call over to my phone, my surface, my surface hub, mac, or other signed-in devices. I should be able to hit a transfer button to send a call to another active device on my account. There should be a quick hand-off, and the call should activate there without interruption, in group/individual calls.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We are continuously working to improve the quality and functionality of Skype to meet your needs. Please continue to contribute your ideas — it push us to innovate, problem solve, and understand your needs.
    Thank you for helping us improve Skype.
    - Petr

2. Audio

Use of audio codec from earlier Skype platforms (prior to sale to MS, or Skype 7 at least!) Musicians who use this service for teaching and rehearsing cannot approach the audio quality of old Skype or
    current FaceTime even with high quality microphones.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable Integrated Calling

In the older versions of skype for mobile there was an option to disable Integrated Calling. I need skype on my phone for use while I'm away from my computer, but I really don't want incoming skype calls to show up as a phone call when my phone is locked. Please bring the option to disable it back

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put chat message area back on bottom. Not right/left side.

Right/left side chat is awkward/uncomfortable and reduces screen space. Put chat back on the bottom and underneath the screen area. 6.21 was the last version that did this. Whether it was a call, chat, or screenshare, big or small window, chat was always on bottom, underneath the screen. Or, at least, include an option allowing chat to be moved to this more user friendly position.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Desktop API for Skype 8

I have a Plantronics .Audio 628 Skype certified Headset that has inline controls particularly an Answer/End Call button that use the Plantronics Hub program to make it work. That program uses Desktop API which is available in Classic Skype.

Unfortunately Desktop API seems to be ABSENT in Skype 8.

I would like to have the answer/end call buttons to work with Skype 8 so I could answer or end calls faster. So please bring Desktop API to Skype 8

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We hear you  ·  Cagla at Skype responded

Thank you for your feedback. We already support some human interface device (HID) commands on our Universal Windows Platform Skype app. Our current support includes end call, mute/unmute your mic, and increase/decrease volume.
    You can install our UWP app from the Windows Store app.

9. Double-click a contact to call

Another feature from older Skypes.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. undock stage

We can undock the video from the main Skype window and expand it full screen to another monitor. But, this leaves the stage, participant list and conversation in the main window. Yes, we can make the stage full screen, but then the participant and chat windows are hidden.

It would be great to have the choice to undock the stage and make that full screen (on one monitor) and then have the main window with video/chat/participants on another monitor. I think that would be far more useful than a full screen of the video camera.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 76 77 78 80 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base