Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Stereo Audio

Skype should integrate Stereo Audio for musicians / creatives looking to collaborate and add depth to the conversation using stereo microphones / direct audio ins. Zoom voice call currently supports this and I think it would be a revolutionary addition for many collaborating creatives such as myself who give lessons and consultation over Skype.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skype needs to have top bottom split screen view for video calls and messages when the window is narrow.

In Skype 7 at any given time you're able to see the chat field while seeing the video call. In Skype 8 this is only the case sideways when the window is wide. When you make the window narrow you can only have one or the other. This needs to be fixed asap.

For Skype android this should also be implemented. I'm regularly typing and talking at the same time. Sometimes just typing but still broadcasting video just to let someone see me. It's very cumbersome now.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype手机和电脑来电话听不到电话响铃声音,每每都会误解一些电话

希望改进一下来电话声音响铃可以让我能听到来电话

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SKYPE is now no good at all

There are no tools and the options have been drastically reduced. The updates have not improved the system one bit. Also at the instance when an update is to be downloaded - there is no clear information on exactly what the differences will be. Having learned to manage one system quite successfully, we are then cast totally adrift with a new - generally WORSE - system. Bad news !

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why can't I change the screen size to show both me and the person I am contacting. Half screen for both used to be available now not.

Why can't I have the half screens as before ? the instructions and guidance in the programme are useless.
    Also - why is it not possible to easily change the text size in messages - as it was before microsoft took it over. It is more difficult and more unwieldy to use. SO far - alll bad news - so please give me a solution to this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want intagrated calling tab back.

I want the integrated calling tab back. Don’t want skype calls going into my iPhone call history

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 建议SKYPE共享声音与共享屏幕独立出来

建议SKYPE共享声音与共享屏幕独立出来

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 通话界面如果能同时显示联系人列表和群信息就更好了。通话时,切换到别的app,Skype留在屏幕上那个界面占的区域太大了。

通话界面如果能同时显示联系人列表和群信息就更好了。通话时,切换到别的app,Skype留在屏幕上那个界面占的区域太大了。

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 在旧版本的基础上加上录屏的功能

旧版本很好用,新版本只是华丽的外表,并没实际用处,更多的是不方便!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remote desktop feature.

Allowed friends can do mouse operation on shared screen to help friends.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Native dialer on android

Make it that skype can handle native calls and be the default dialer app on android. Go a step further and give it a "handoff" feature for calls using Wi-Fi, similar to Apple devices

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bluetooth sound quality

Fix the sound quality problems and skipping with bluetooth headphones. That would be a great start. Now conferences are a pain. Have to disconnect -> connect all the time

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alexa/Google Home integration

It would be great if Skype had a skill for Alexa or Google Home so for example we could make a call like this: "Alexa, open Skype and call xyz" etc. Or the same with Google Home. Also it would be great if we could do the same with messages.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need the ability to mute the ringer for incoming and calls and messages.

Need the ability to mute the ringer or adjust the volume for incoming and calls and messages.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Raise your hand

Add a "raise your hand" option for group audio calls which notifies everybody on the call that I (or anyone person) want to speak. This is very useful during meetings. This can be useful during any conference call so at to not to interrupt a speaker in the middle and unlike a video where you can make out from a listener's expression that they might want to talk, on an audio call the only way for someone to convey their intention to speak is to wait till someone finishes their sentence but there might be multiple people who wish to…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. aLLOW FOR AN OUTGOING MESSAGE WHEN CALLS ARE NOT ANSWERED.

Allow for an outgoing message when you are unable to anser a call.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to personalize voicemail

How to customize voicemail as before?

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base