Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share screen

please remove the window border because that resize the screen and add two black bands or make a full screen option like the previous versions.

Make profil pictures more tiny with less opacity (or add an option to hide them), they are too big and take a lot of screen space.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I just want to be able to dial a phone number and speak with someone (who is not a contact, and never will be a contact).

I just want to be able to dial a phone number and speak with someone (who is not a contact, and never will be a contact).

Where has this, the most useful feature, gone? I've done it for 11 years!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This new version doesn't seem to be an improved one and rather seems like a pain. Logs-off by itself very often.

I would love to have the previous/old version of Skype and hate this new upgrade or latest version. Can I go back to the older version.

Since I had upgraded to this new version, I have been having trouble. Here is the list of pain areas;
    1. Unable to see 'Missed Calls', which was visible and very convenient in the previous/old versions.
    2. Skype logs-off very frequently without any logic or justifications.
    3. The app seems like very unstable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outbound ring tone is VERY LOUD and distorted

When making an outbound call I have to remove my headphones. The ring tone is very loud and distorted. But when the person on the other end answers the volume is normal.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. link to group calls

make it possible to generate a link for others to join a group call

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add the option to mute incoming ringer

Please add the option to mute incoming call ringer (ringing on secondary audio selected) when status is selected to "Do Not Disturb". This was how Skype use to work, ver 7 and earlier. For now I have to either make sure to totally must my computer, (all audio devices), or shutdown Skype/Quit Skype to not be disturbed by incoming calls.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Call technical information

With new version 8.33, I have noticed the call technical info window is not available anymore.

This was useful, please bring this back.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screen sharing broken for multiple display screens

Since last update about mid of Oct, the screen sharing feature is broken now. Windows 10, Skype version 8.34.0.81, application version 14.34.81.0.
    I have 3 display screens, this is a popular setup for developers to have more than one.
    To reproduce:
    Make a call and share the screen
    Actual result:
    - one screen is only displayed to be selected, after selecting it, a different one!!! is shared.
    Expected result
    - 3 screens are displayed to select one to share, once selected the correct one is shared

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a call confirmation popup

Whenever we hit the call iron, the person gets called directly.
    Please add a confirmation popup so that we don't end up calling someone by accident ,especially in groups with a lot of people this problem is a headache.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Calls history on Skype for iPhones

I hope calls history would show each call made and the date, time, and duration of each call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support Video calling fully from Smart Watch such as the LEM4 PRO by LEMFO - i see other person's video & sound but they only hear my sound

Smart Watch Video Calling - Support Video calling fully from Smart Watch such as the LEM4 PRO by LEMFO - i see other person's video & sound but they only hear my sound

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. we need the ability to leave a voice message from our personal comps.

we need to be able to leave a private voice message to our contacts who were either not online to receive our call or the call just didnt go thru for one reason or another.. since reading a message is not safe when driving, it would be nice for them to be able to listen to your message and know to call you back..

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Using Skype number as Caller ID The Netherlands

Make the Netherlands and other European countries available for using a Skype number as a Caller ID.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Using Skype number as Caller ID The Netherlands

Add The Netherlands for identification of caller ID using Skype Number.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back the option to disable the skype watermark during videocalls

We had that useful option on Classic Skype. Bring it back on Skype 8 and UWP

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can you make the screen share like it was before.

One of the things that's a bit annoying about sharing the screen is there's a bunch of useless clutter when watching a screen share that's impossible to get rid of. Also it's not proper full screen anymore. Can you restore it to how it was before ruining it thanks?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Push to talk

Push to Talk. It is a thing. Literally every other VoIP app has this and Skype used to from what I gather.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tool to remove conversations wuld be useful

It would be useful to be able to delete typed conversations

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base