Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Options to Enable/Disable Audio & Video & Screen Share

I want to see options to choose one ore more from the below list,

1. Incoming Video of participants,

2. Incoming Audio of participants,

3. Incoming Content of Share screen.

Example:

Disable Incoming video but enable incoming audio and Show Content shared using screen share.

Disable Incoming video & incoming audio but Show Content shared using screen share.

Enable Incoming audio only.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharing screen..

when I am using sharing my a window it can be start only after I start the sharing... but if you can add that selection before I share the screen that will be very nice...
    Plus you have no features for multiple windows sharing... if you add that that will be nice too...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mute microphone

Please make sure the person you speak to will not be able to see I muted my own microphone or at least make it into a option in settings that be very helpful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. skype call recorder to landline/mobile

In the market all having call recording functions on the soft-phone. If skype put recording functions for landline and mobile calls it will superb.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. automatically enable my camera for certain calls or all calls

When a friend makes a video call for me, there is always some fumbling while we turn on our cameras. I would like to avoid this unnecessaary configuration time at the beginning of every call. Please give me a per-contact setting to “always enable camera when accepting video from this person.”. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A way to make both send and receive cams same size side by side

A way to make both send and receive cams same size side by side

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please increase the limit of participants in call

Now the limit of participants in a call is 50 but Increase the limit to 250 to 350...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype should include the possibility of having a membership for a Skype Phone Number inside Costa Rica!

A lot of costarricans and foreigners feel the need that Skype can brings plans to have a Skype Phone Number membership in Costa Rica.

Despite the fact that Costa Rica is a small country, the Costa Rican mind is very focused on the high end technologies, including Audio and Video Streaming, VoIP, Speech Recognition and topics like these. In addition, many North Americans and foreigners from other parts of the world, increasingly choose Costa Rica as a country to live and enjoy, because mainly, the good health system they have (seen in these moments of global pandemic) and the evolution…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. only admin should remove r mute people

this is because if everyone can remove then it will be a chaos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Camera Background

Good day! I am currently using a windows 7 as an operating system of my computer. However, I can't use the feature of having a background in Audio Video Setting. Please help me to get that feature even I'm still using windows 7.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Puis-je utilier une caméra (app photo) branché sur la prise HDMI?

Utiliser une caméra (appareil photo) branché sur la prise HDMI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable Reconnecting Sounds

Please please please allow us to disable every individual sounds like we used to be able to. I'm autistic and the "call is reconnecting" sound is pure sensory **** that I can't escape, and unfortunately starting a few days ago I get it EVERY FIVE MINUTES. I can't do my remote work if I'm constantly on the brink of melting down during meetings!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Screen Sharing

Screen sharing with sound in mobile device.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. need two channels of audio

I teach music remotely. I'd like to have one microphone on me and a second on an instrument (piano for example). I purchased a two-channel audio amplifier (I use condenser mics) and it connects to my Mac via USB-C. Unfortunately, my students only hear the left channel (input 1) when we use Skype. I want Skype to use both inputs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Problem with the microphone on Skype

Hello dear! I have a problem with the microphone on Skype. I tried different options for fixing this breakdown, but they still don’t hear me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Only host can allow to mute anybody mike

With this process students do not mute anyone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Undo delete function

When u accidentally delete photos/videos/recording of the call in the chat, u can undo it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make screen sleep

Make the screen sleep when we press the phone off button. This shouldn’t make the Skype call end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 75 76
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base