Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement HUD-free video calling

User "anonymous" created this request: https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-welcome-to-skype-ideas/suggestions/35324896-add-the-full-screen-function-back-and-give-us-hud

--
    Add the Full-Screen function back, and give us HUD-free video calls again!

What I loved about Skype 7, and what made it the apotheosis of all messaging apps, was its great and reliable video calling. I was able to toggle in and out of full-screen, resize the picture to the size I wanted, and I had the option of a disappearing HUD by simply moving the mouse - not even the person's profile picture could be seen -- it was great! But in Skype 8? You have all kinds of clutter on the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to have the option to adjust audio settings on mobile devices:

Not having the option to adjust the audio settings when using Skype on my mobile device is horrible. It makes it extremely difficult to have much quality at all during a voice call. Please make this improvement. It would be more than greatly appreciated.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please change how the over all video works!!!

When you minimize the window while in a call, you can see the other person but you can't see yourself. It'd be helpful to be able to see yourself, as well, like in older versions of Skype. Also while in a call (with the window opened), it'd be nice to be able to make the preview of yourself in a larger format so that you can actually see what the other person is seeing-- just like the old version. You also used to be able to switch between your friend's stream or yours interchangeably but now it's a vertical side…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the TINY chat window during audio call!!!!!!!

I MUST have a large chat window in which to type during audio calls. It's so small that it's not usable. What were you guys thinking to shrink it the minute an audio call starts???? It's made Skype unusable for me!!!!!!!!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Subtitles

Skype added subtitles in December 2018, and that's definitely a great first step! I am a cochlear implant recipient, and have used closed captioning for 20 years. You can imagine I was very happy about this, and I have used these new subtitles several times. So far, I always turn it off quickly into the skype video call. There are two reasons for this:
    1. The subtitles are shown for both parties - this is very cumbersome to follow and actually unnecessary. I know what I said! Please change this to only show the other party's comment subtitles.
    2. the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Group Chat feature needs to be completed

The Group chat feature in version 8 needs to work like version 7! In version 8 you have to set up a new window every time you need to group chat if someone has to be connected by phone!
    Most of the the time you're calling back on a group chat window. The old version would stay set up, or allow you to change one of the participants to connect over the phone on the fly! If someone was having a problem with his Skype connection, we could switch him over to the phone to connect in a group chat. …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'd like to record my video calls. If that isn't possible, why not create that possibility?

I'd like to record my video calls. If that isn't possible, why not create that possibility?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back click and call option! Where you can click on the number and call happens.

Please bring back this click and call option, as It is time-consuming for us to copy and paste every number to make a call. Please bring it back asap. Otherwise, give me access to skype classic.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SKYPE RINGS OFF TOO SOON

MY WIFE AND I ARE BOTH IN OUR EIGHTIES AND WE CANNOT REACH OUR COMPUTER BEFORE IT RINGS OFF WITH MESSAGE NOT AVAILABLE. THE COMPUTER IS QUITE CLOSE BUT OUR OLD AGE SHUFFLE JUST PREVENTS US REACHING IT IN TIME. PLEASE MAKE THE RING TONE FOR ARRIVING SKYPE MESSAGES ADJUSTABLE SO THAT WE CAN LET IT RING FOR LONGER AND GIVE US TIME TO ANSWER IT. JOHN & DAWN PLIMMER

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio

Please change the Dialling tone to the old version

Please have Continuous ringing tone as opposed to Visual phone.

Not happy or impressed with latest version

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop people from recording others

People shouldn’t be allowed to record with our permission

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share screens on phone?

Is simple. Share screen on phone.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change status when I'm in a call

As the Skype user, I want my status to automatically change to "In a call" when I'm in an active voice conversation, and change back to "Available" when the voice conversation is over. So people will stop trying to call me when I'm already in a call.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adjustable window size in video call

Sharing screen is one of skype's best features, but it would be better if the video window size is adjustable while skype is minimized when sharing the screen.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adjust the video size in video call

While in video call, skype's new feature is that you can select what/who appears in the main canvas while in a video call(whether sharing the screen or not) it would be better to be able to adjust the width/size in general of ones selected in the main canvas.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please add a button to automatically disable the use of the camera.. i've been through cancer & NEED to control who sees me & when

please add in the buttons controlling front/back camera, the ability to turn all cameras OFF. I've been through chemo/radiation and need the ability to turn off the camera when I am very sick.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. You can always choose to make an audio call only or answer the call as an audio call. Video calling is optional. Check out these links, you might find it helpful.

- Petr

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa10613/how-do-i-make-a-call-in-skype

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34859/how-do-i-answer-a-skype-call

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34858/what-can-i-do-during-a-skype-call#Audio%20settings

17. Allow dragging, rearranging and resizing of individual people's webcam images on Group Chat

The arrangement of people's webcam images in Group Chat seems to be arbitrary and occasionally really annoying. I want to be able to resize individual images, including my own webcam, and move around (or at least snap around) the webcams to fit in the window (a line of 4, or 2 and 2, or one big and 2 small, or whatever I want) - not just rely on the "intuition" of the program in sizing and arranging the images.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. VIDEO RECORDING NOT FOR EVERYONE

You should make it where we can turn off the option of someone recording us while video chatting. Like when someone tries make it say "This person isn't accepting video recordings". Make it where we have to accept it for it to start recording or make it where we are notified when we are being recorded.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Call Recording when using Skype credit (dialling a number).

Call recording for when you dial a number using Skype credit. I understand this feature is only available for Skype to Skype calls.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recording feature

I'd like to say that provide a facility or feature where can setup each call will be recorded automatically either audio or video. Even, I can pay some good amount for the same. I'd bought an application Evaer which record all calls with older Skype. Nowadays, could not able find the integration for third-party software in new versions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base