Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View more participants simultaneously

Allow up to at lease 16 participants simultaneously.
    It could be as an options of layout 2X2, 3X3, 4X4 and the regular view

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Skype Audio

Please add the option to use stereo audio in Skype calls. Currently they are in mono, and this is extremely annoying when playing stereo audio files or games that use stereo sound.

Please also add the ability to disable all audio processing and sned the unmodified audio from your recording device. I have a very high quality microphone, but the audio processing makes it sound worse.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can you please add Screen sharing feature for ipads

Can you please add Screen sharing feature for ipads

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Camera/Video

Able to see both cams/videos while typing a message. When you make a call before you should be able to see yourself and the one your talking to. Now when you type in a message you could only see the other line's video. Please change that. Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display multiple WebCams of friends during Video Calls.

With the new Skype version, we are now limited to 4 cameras on screen. In the classic version of Skype, we were able to have as many cameras on screen in each call. As an example: I'm usually in a call with at least 8 friends & never had to switch to see their reactions. Now I have to do this with the new Skype version. Please bring this back.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adjustable video quality

I have limited internet on my wifi connection and so need to reduce the video quality of my call for my android phone. If there is already an option, I'd suggest making it easily accessible as it's virtually nowhere to be found.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to change notifications sounds within iphone

Ability to select different notification sounds

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the camera window manually adjustable when other person is sharing screen

It's annoying how small the other person is when they are sharing their screen and have camera on at the same time. We should be able to adjust the camera size like the previous skype.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. option to change volume for each individual caller during a call

We've been asking for this for YEARS you'd think with a WHOLE NEW SETUP you'd add it. Give us the option to change volume for each individual caller and mute them. If we have multiple people in a call and one's super quiet and another is insanely loud, we dont want to have to pick or find a middle!!! Let us adjust this per person!!! And mute them if we need to!!!! Sometimes people have to go do things during a call and forget to mute before they leave, let us mute them!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to stop someone recording there should be a button for that

it shows when someone is recording how about doing something to stop them recording

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Skype to mute or reduce other sounds (as Skype 7.xx did)

I have just been forced to 'upgrade' to Skype 8.37.0.98 from Skype 7.xx, which in my opinion is more of a downgrade, but anyway... on the perfectly fine Skype 7.xx, when a call came in, all other sounds on my PC were reduce by 80% as per my settings. However, on the 'upgraded' Skype 8.xx, other volume wasn't reduced at all, this despite the setting still being active in the Sound settings when right clicking on the speaker icon in the lower right corner and selecting 'Communications'.
    Is there any hope of Microsoft re-introducing this very useful feature in the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. how to use video camera

an explanation somewhere on how to make a video call properly

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Separate Audio for each NDI video output

For the NDI feature what we expect is that Skype creates an NDI video feed per participant (currently this works perfectly) and an audio feed per participant. What's happening is that we are getting audio from all participants in each and every NDI audio feed as a mix. We want it separate so we can have independent control of these camera/audio sources because sometime you need to adjust the audio for someone who is quite or visa versa.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video call Bandwidth

When a person bought a new webcam such as Logitech Brio, 930e etc, the video call experience is not as great as it supposed to be due to some kind of bandwidth limitations in the current skype versions even though the users have a great internet bandwidth to spare.

1080p video call still does not use much bandwidth today. It will be a nice idea to integrate options to choose how much bandwidth the users are willing to give.

living in year 2019 now, 4k video calling can be a step ahead compared to other competitive well-known video calling softwares…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please include time zone incall for contacts local time, this use to appear but has now been removed.

Please include time zone incall for contacts local time, this use to appear but has now been removed.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. With the new Skype version I cannot receive group or conference calls. The active caller is kept on hold automatically whislst I prefer to o

Bring back the older version that supports answering of my group calls/ conversation/ conference calling, or email me the link for the older version of skype

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 way call

allow 3 way calls with a skype users and a landlines as in Skype 7

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable call window

I have two monitors. I absolutely do not need the popup view of the person I am calling. It gets in the way and the person I am talking to already has an entire monitor dedicated to them. If I close it, click on Skype, then click off IT COMES BACK. The old version didn't do that. If you're going to force me to upgrade my version against my will after I opted-out of automatic updates then AT LEASE UPDATE ME TO A VERSION THAT ISN'T WORSE THAN THE OLD ONE.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base