Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Toddler mode

Add a feature so that a toddler can touch the phone without hanging it up. It's the only way many people are seeing their grandkids during COVID. Many toddler games for phones have this feature. Swipe bar, code, pattern e.g.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. color codes

show what all the colour codes mean

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it so users have the ability to adjust the incoming call ringer volume!!

The ringtone on incoming calls, or while waiting for a call to be answered is WAY TO LOUD, need the option to adjust the volume of them/mute them all together if you please

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reccord the call - choose the camera

Hello,

I would like to record the skype call session, but I only want my camera to appear. Because I see that when we record we have all the cameras of everyone. Is it possible to add this idea?

Each user could then leave their camera activated, but the presenter could choose which screens would be recorded.

Thanks for your feedback

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Peer-to-Peer Calls and File transfer

Bring back what Skype had its name for:

Peer-to-Peer Calls and Peer-to-Peer File Transfer!!!

Skype is short for "Sky Peer-to-Peer", and yet there's NOTHING that Skype has anymore that it's name stood out for.

If there's no plans on bringing back Peer-to-Peer Calls and File Transfer, then WHY call it "Skype" or keep calling it Skype?! What about "SkyMe" or "SkyIn"?!

Please bring back Peer-to-Peer!!! It's the one thing that Skype was named for! Nowadays Skype stores stuff on Microsoft's servers, instead of storing them locally. Even file transfers are stored on Microsoft's servers and limited to only 300MB file…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Total time with a contact

Option for cumulative time on calls with a contact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ask to unmute

Well I think there should be a "ask to unmute" feature. It is quite useful while Skype is being used during online classes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Screen share

Please give the option to be able to share a window or share entire screen. This is the biggest difference I see between mac and windows versions. I love the mac version of skype because I can choose what window to share and not share the video window of the person I'm skyping with. It's so odd this feature is not available on the windows person since this is a windows program and the mac version is better because of this feature being available. Please make this feature avaiable also on windows!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Record the Skype calls made with Alexa

It would be a great idea to make possible to record a Skype call through Alexa

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. hello . How about showing those who are on line and want to chat ?

would also like to see a way for someone to know that I am on line looking for a chat , maybe a ICON ( picture or a online chat button].

then someone can answer and we can chat. If you have a question or need more info contact me

other then that how to I find someone , there is no list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype-to-phone audio call recording

Skype should offer at least a simple Skype-to-phone audio calls, or advise users to such an app of a third party

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen shot of what you see only

return the ability to take a screenshot without the screen being split

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype for IPhone work when It want. Very bad.

Why does Skype sell a product that does not work?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can you please add this feature that when an unknown person sends you a message there will be a facial recognization tab for scanning the un

Can you add this feature that when an unknown person sends you a message there will be a place for viewing the person's info and the person's gender

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Refresh Desktop Share Button

A refresh button is needed to allow a host (or guest) to redraw their desktop share when the screen is frozen. Occasionally, the screen freezes for a viewer when a host is sharing their desktop. The host has to disconnect and then reconnect to allow people to see their desktop, which can take additional time. A visible refresh button option would allow a much quicker response time.

If it is possible to add the refresh button for the viewing user, that would be an even better solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pausing screen sharing

When screen sharing, you cannot do anything else because everyone is watching what you are doing. I'd like Skype to add a new feature Pause that will keep the screen sharing to the moment where you selected pause. It becomes frozen to the other participants.

This is beneficial because when you are on pause you can do some other stuff while other participants keep seeing the image of your screen when you paused it.

The current way to achieve this, is to stop the screen sharing, and then restart it. It is very annoying for participants as their Skype window…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Could you add a travel mode that stops people from texting or calling you

It would be really helpful to have a travel mode that stops people from being able to call and text you so that people don’t get disturbed on holiday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. rtsp camcorder as webcam under linux

I have a camcorder that streams the video well. I'd like to be able to just add rtsp://camcorder.LAN.ip.address/path/to/stream somewhere in skype settings and use my camcorder stream as webcam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. transfer a call in progress to another device without loosing connection

transfer a call in progress to another device without loosing connection

you can learn a bit more about me here:
    www.aeonlabs.solutions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base