Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. subtitle size

It would be great to be able to change the font size of the subtitle text. When I had a group call on a large screen on a wall, the caption text was too small for comfortable reading.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off VOICE TRANSLATOR independent of Turning off ALL TRANSLATION - Keep text Translation enabled with Voice Translation off

I do a lot of chatting with international video calls. It really helps, especially if partially sharing the same language, to have the AUDIO translator off so I can hear the other person speak, BUT I STILL NEED text message translation to verify what is being said. This allows me to hear the other person speak but read translation. HAVING TWO VOICES AT THE SAME TIME IS ABSURD!!! Please allow VOICE Translator and TEXT Translator to be toggled ON & OFF INDEPENDENTLY. This would be best achieved with an icon on the video chat window to simply serve as a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The subtitles and captions should be downloadable!!!!! They are nearly perfect --even the punctuation!

I don't know who creates this amazing transcription but it would solve so many problems!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please make it possible to upgrade Meet Now to accommodate more than 50 participants, even if it means paying a fee

I have a group of 56+ participants, even though only about half of them participate in our group calls. However, I cannot initiate group calls since the group is so big. Would love to upgrade to do this, as I think Skype Meet Now is terrific

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why dont you add call privelages. Like who gets to kick people or mute mics.Like a class and the teacher has all the power sort of

My idea is to add call privelages.Now with the outbreak of the virus everyone is skype and not only to have classes and what not. So why should anyone be able to kick someone out of the call whenever they want. For example: Lets say there is a class and they have a call. One of the participants is the teacher. He gets to have all the powers of the call so students dont mess around and kick each other.Why shouldnt the teacher have the only power is what Im suggesting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full HD video

Make video extremely clear instead of pixelated

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Добавьте, пожалуйста, безлимитные звонки по России на мобильные номера.

Добавьте, пожалуйста, безлимитные звонки по России на мобильные номера.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Trying to import the contacts from gmail, what I find now is only the telephone numbers, not the email addresses. What did I do wrong? I ne

Trying to import the contacts from gmail, what I find now is only the telephone numbers, not the email addresses. What did I do wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screen mirroring

Mirror the screen on a video call in a way i can write on a board and my students will be able to read

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show per-minute call rate when initiating call from Chat interface

When you initiate a call by clicking the phone button in the upper right corner of a chat box on the mobile app, it does not show the per-minute calling cost. The call immediately initiates. This is a problem because the calling rates aren't shown anywhere in the chat interface. In fact, when there is a rate shown at the bottom of the chat interface (next to the text "to [number] via Skype"), for example for an international number, it misleads you into thinking the call cost is the chat rate. It's entirely misleading. And can lead to extremely expensive,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Avvicinamento DIGITALE nell'epoca del distanziamento sociale

Salve, devo aprire un bar virtuale (magari inizialmente limitato come prototipo agli abitanti della mia città). Ho bisogno di farlo in fretta e per quanto riguarda l'idea ho già condiviso il tutto con Joseph del servizio Clienti (1496565443).

Vi prego di supportarmi nello sviluppo della mia idea volendo gestire io il progetto senza alcuno scopo di lucro.

Ho salvato la conversazione con Joseph solo per sicurezza, ma non ho dubbi che a maggior ragione in questo periodo molto complesso per il mio paese in primis, ma direi per tutto il mondo, l'etica professionale vi permetterà di accettare la mia proposta…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. virtual laser pointers for presenters and audience

When screen sharing, or presenting a document, it would be nice for people in the call to activate a virtual laser pointer when they click on the item being shared. I got this idea when I was walking a coworker through a process, and I frequently had trouble getting the person sharing their screen to look or click on specific items. It would have been nice, if I could have clicked on the screen, and the person sharing their screen could see what I was directing them to.

The same could be said for presenting a document, so I could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. STOP OPTING PEOPLE INTO SUBCRIPTION FEES, its basically robbing people, it should be an opt in service, just cause you pay for some minutes

YOU SHOULD NOT BE OPTED INTO SUBSCRIPTIONS, you are basically robbing people, and you know it, no amount of little boxes, or feedback can deny this, you are playing on peoples ignorance, basically taking advantaged, IT SHOULD BE AN OPT IN SERVICE. If I want to buy minutes leave me at that, dont add on a fee based subscription without me opting in. Seriously bad form, and who ever decided to do this, well the wheel of life turns on us all. And you'll get yours.
    Now I have to wait for a refund on money you took without my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. video message

the video call window must be separated from the message window.
    place the video call window where you want, and the possibility to adjust the size.
    copy and past of several messages received simultaneously even during a video call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Caller should ask permission to screen record

There should be a feature to block other persons from screen recording the call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. skype screen share audio call

can we do a skype screen share audio call

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio-Sharing only feature

I really miss the SoundSharing only feature in the older versions of skype. Users used to have an option in which they can choose to share their sound only.
    Now you have to share your screen in order to share audios with friends.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. you need to have a way to block "unknown callers"

you need to have a way to block "unknown callers"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. a webcam for skype online users

a web cam that is for online skype users for if there laptop or device camera does not work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base