Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video filters

In the 'Zoom' app, an option is there like video filters. It is like things visually in us but not really like ar picture.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. keyboard shortcut for switching between shared screens

At the moment it takes time to switch between shared screens as you have to go back in. It would be good if you could just switch between screens with a keyboard shortcut.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. turn off quality check

turn off quality check

Each time I terminate a Skype call, the program keeps asking about quality.

It's since ice age that is good, I confirmed with five stars a gazillion times.

Can I disable this annoying request for good?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. End videocall automatically

Set the length of videocalls

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Voice Mailbox - Sprache einstellen

Ich habe ganz neu einen private Skype-Account mit lokaler Telefonnummer.

Beim Test stellte ich fest, dass der Anrufbeantworter eine englische Nachricht spricht. Ich finde keine Möglichkeit, den Anrufbeantworter auf deutsch einzustellen. Für mich bzw. meine Bekannten/Verwandten, die mich anrufen, wäre das wichtig, da einige von ihnen kein englisch verstehen.

MfG

Dieter

I have a brand new private Skype account with a local phone number.

When I tested it, I found that the answering machine speaks an English message. I cannot find a way to set the answering machine to German. This would be important for me or my acquaintances/relatives who…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In video settings there should be background effects

In video settings, there should be background effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. disable pop out video with multiple displays

I'm a Deaf Support Engineer for Microsoft and use skype frequently for meetings and calls.

One annoyance I often experience while using Skype with multiple displays is whenever I browse another open application on an extended monitor during a live video meeting, Skype will open a pop out video and it overlays on top of the main Skype screen forcing me to close the pop out video every time.

Basically, Skype doesn't recognize when my computer is connected to several monitors and I need the ability to disable video pop out when using multiple displays.

thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. (skype for ipad) Allow for optional pop out window for video. I want the video to stay on while I use other apps on my ipad at the same time

Please allow me to keep my video on while simultaneously using other apps on my iPad. It is very frustrating to have my video go black for the other Skypers every time I need to do something else while Skyping. Please create an optional pop out window for the video like on the desktop version. Thank you thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto hide controls in video call

When you are in a video call auto hide the controls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Record a conversation

Record a conversation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One-step Recording

I clicked 'Record' but couldn't find the file after the call. Clicking 'Record' should automatically save the file to the default Skype folder in Documents

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Navigation (mute, hang, etc.) Buttons aren't available while screen shared

When we share our screen and go the respective screen we aren't able to see mute, hang up, and those buttons.
    Yes i can do those operations with keyboard shortcuts keys but all users may not know this shortcuts.
    Those buttons should be pop up when we hover towards the bottom or may ve top area.

Thanks
    Madhav

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft thank you for such a wonderful app but skype sometimes lags besides that skype is the best

U can add a feature where I can directly start whiteboard or office like on teams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Picture in Picture support for Skype on iPad

iPad supports Picture in Picture for apps. Please consider offering this feature from Skype as well to facilitate multitasking while using Skype.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View only one side of a conversation, in a Skype recording.

As a music student, like many others, I am taking lessons by Skype, during the pandemic. I record my lessons, so that I can note comments and ideas from my teacher and listen to him playing parts of the piece I am learning, for review during the coming week. However, this is less useful than it could be, ie. because I can see both parties on the recording and the screen is split, I can't see how he is placing his fingers of either hand on the classical guitar, which is crucial to my learning. It would be hugely beneficial…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Check box to turn on/off auto joining calls with camera on and speaker unmuted

Zoom has this feature and many people find it very useful, including myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base