Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It will be extremely helpful if New Zealand Skype Numbers are supported by caller id

It will be extremely helpful if New Zealand Skype Numbers are supported to use as Caller ID.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't want me in a snapshoot, but I still want me in the control view

I don't want me in a snapshoot, but I still want me in the control view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about a timer for conversations?

I'd like to set a 60-minute timer for my cello lessons. Now that so many people are using Skype for business and instructional meetings, an optional timer would be really, really useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add countdown to end call

Automatically end conversations with preset timers..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. access skype from windows 10 lock screen

I'd like to be able to access Skype from my Windows 10 lock screen so that I can call with others even if the computer is locked.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow us to stop mic muting during call

when we are in call anyone can mute mic of another participant so ,add a function in setting in which we can allow some people to mute my mic on my choice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stereo Mix Audio option

I need a stereo mix audio ASAP. I share my screen with people and I send them my system audio but they don't hear nothing. Urgently!!! Please. Put a stereo mix audio option back! you guys are destroying the Skype taking out the stereo mix audio. Put that back ASAP. If you guys don't put that back will lose customers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share audio!

A very basic function which is NOT supported!! share computer audio during a call. So fundamental every other app (Zoom etc) does it. Skype does not. Why?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dear Sir/Madam ..just quickly and simply ... can you make a feature so that when you take a photo ,only 1 image register not two i

Dear Sir/Madam ..just quickly and simply ... can you make a feature so that when you take a photo ,only 1 image register not two i

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. automatically minimize Skype application window when finished

I use Skype to communicate with my disabled sister; she cannot manipulate her laptop at all so everything needs to work automatically. The one hangup is that after our visit the Skype application window remains open on her laptop thereby obscuring her desktop. You need to make the application window automatically minimize after the session.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request to extend the time frame for recordings

Hi Team,

I understand Skype currently provides option to download recordings for 30 days and older. However, it would be helpful if its possible to extend the time frame of the recordings to atleast 1 year so we can download some older recordings. I am actually in need of downloading the recordings of April 2020 from a specific group that I belong to.

Please let me know if Skype can consider this request as a one-off and help me to extend the time frame only for this group

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Regarding Skype meet now . Anyone can delete anyone in the group video chat even the host , anyone can take recording . Please do something

Regarding Skype meet now . Anyone can delete anyone in the group video chat even the host , anyone can take recording . Please create some features only host can manage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. See who's ending call for everyone.

I would be very happy to see the person ending the call rapidly (without reason).It disturbs too much when in a group call.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to see Subscription for South Sudan. We have many South Sudanese US, Canada, Europe who would that service.

Make subscription available for millions of South Sudanese who are living in US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. It will be a great investment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add feature to turn audio compression on or off

Having an option to turn the in-call audio ducking off. Every musician I know is not happy with Skype's audio processing (compression/noise gate/etc.). Audio signal drops out frequently, is laggy and doesn't sync up with other callers. Giving or taking music lessons in Skype is a nightmare.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New admin rights like WhatsApp and zoom

Like WhatsApp and zoom there should be more admin rights for the Skype groups

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can you please not show the past call records

Hi team, I just need to make sure that my past call details are not to be shown or listed on my account unless an until I ask for the details

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base