Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem with the microphone on Skype

Hello dear! I have a problem with the microphone on Skype. I tried different options for fixing this breakdown, but they still don’t hear me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only host can allow to mute anybody mike

With this process students do not mute anyone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Undo delete function

When u accidentally delete photos/videos/recording of the call in the chat, u can undo it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make screen sleep

Make the screen sleep when we press the phone off button. This shouldn’t make the Skype call end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change Skye to different views on the screen i.e. have two participants side by side

When using Skype Video calling you can see the other participant in full-screen but one can only see themselves in a box on the top right corner of the screen Allow Skype to show different views

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. old and new ringtones

i and many other pepole enjoy old skype and we want an option to change it like old or new because i realy do enjoy the old ones, 1 nostalgia and 2 because they just sound better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. notify call only selected person,because it disturb all person of group.

when user call in group before display the all person list of group and only notify whose user who can selected by caller,because it disturb all person of group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Blur and Change background

Blur and Change background

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need better picture quality during skype use.

Need better picture quality during skype use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show which numbers is being dialed for accounts with multiple numbers.

I have two different phone numbers with Skype for two different businesses. It would be VERY helpful to know which numbers is being called when my Skype rings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. filters,stickers and backround

i think skype should add a feature where you can add filters and stickers to yourself while on a call i also think you should be able to have greenscreen backrounds on call

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. i want skype support viewing more than 4 cameras in same video

i want skype support viewing more than 4 cameras in same video. like zoom. this is easy feature. very important for choosing zoom and not choosing skype in video calls.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pin Video on Recording

In a Group video chat, Even only one person talks, Recorded video has no full video of the speaker.. Need A better solution. In zoom Video conference app there is no fail like that... I love Skype App than other apps

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Admin Permission for taking Online classes on Skype 8.60

Please restrict people from joining moderate group calls without latest version of Skype. New Moderate Group solves the previous kicking and muting issue. But people with older version can still start call and do all those misuse. Also while taking the online class, if someone removes or mute someone it doesn't show the name of that participant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Italian skype number

I would like to get an Italian number while I am stationed overseas instead of having to purchase an entire new phone contract.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meeting Room

Give a feature of Zoom - Virtual Meeting Room. It helps me allow participants to join my meetings or remove unwanted guests

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base