Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ter pausa na gravação

Ter pausa na gravação, caso algúem saia da reunião e não quer perder o que a pessoa está dizendo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Virtual

www.virtualmeetings.com

www.eventsolution.com

www. meetingday.com

I’m wondering if any of your development team members would be interested in acquiring any or all of these URLs? They all are highly valued, however, I am now retired from the industry after an amazing career in marketing.. I have recently been given a terminal medical diagnosis with not that many years to live and it’s imperative for me to answer the epitaph in Hamilton. “How shall I be remembered?”

I am not emotionally attached to any of the above url’s, and I’m willing to accept a dignified offer.

Skype, might you or your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. share computer audio

please add computer sharing audio for Skype coz many people stop using Skype on Mac because of this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Permission to unmute

If we are in a video meeting with lots of people, we should be able, as moderators, to manage the people who are talking. If someone can’t talk because someone else is, we could mute him, but it is likely that he will unmute himself to keep talking over others’ voices. But if we had an option where we could block someone’s microphone, he would ask me first the permission to unmute and then the moderator can decide whether to unmute or keep him in mute.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Password for meetings

We should be able to set a password for the meeting in order not to let others enter without invite

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More participants

Extend the number of maximum participants we can have in a video call

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Accessibility for users with poor hearing and sight

Great that you have subtitles on calls but PLEASE can you make it possible to increase the size of the subtitle font. And have an option to make a large font the default setting.
    It would also be good to have different colour options for font/background to help those with different visual impairments.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Changes to existing features -Enhancement to 3-way calling for Zoom Phone Meeting/webinar features -Additional authentication option: Users

Changes to existing features
    -Enhancement to 3-way calling for Zoom Phone
    Meeting/webinar features
    -Additional authentication option: Users in my account
    Webinar features
    -Enhanced practice session and live webinar notifications
    Chat features
    -Enhanced search filter: @me mentions
    -Easier emoji selection
    Phone features
    -Call monitoring for shared line groups
    -Recover call history, voicemail and recordings
    -Bypass waiting room when elevating call to meeting
    Resolved Issues
    -Minor bug fixes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share screen in meet now

During a meet now meeting I would like to share my screen with other participants

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Convert any

While calling, convert my native language in to the native language of the other person. For e.g. I can speak english but not chinese so, can skype convert my english speech in to chinese on a real time basis

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. fix keyboard issue

When i receive calls from an inmate in prison i must press 1 to accept the call. However, no matter how many times i press 1 skype doesn't recoginise anything being pressed and therefore i can't accept the call. MANY users have reported a similar issue, please fix this bug asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Lifecam Support for Lifecam Call Button

Can you add a feature where if you press the call button on the Lifecam and you choose the contact you want to call and when you want to call you can press the call button then it will start calling them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back sound sharing while screensharing when using Skype on a Mac

I can't share audio while screensharing when using Skype on a Mac. I'm a teacher so not having that option makes my job really difficult. I understand Microsoft users have a box they can check when they want to enable that option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outgoing Caller ID for Business.

The closest Skype number I was able to obtain for my business is 100 miles away. I would like my outgoing Caller ID to display my business name instead of the town I am not operating in.

This confuses clients and they ignore the call as spam.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to set default sound level

Slider to reduce the sound volume because the volume up/down buttons on the android phone are not sufficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please align the desktop app to web app

While the web app can see both of my cameras (built in and usb webcam) the desktop app can only see the built it one!? Would be nice to have exactly same functionality available on both variants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable Output Rescaling

Ability to turn off output rescaling when sharing the screen, as to reduce strain on the processor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Together Mode and Speaker View's weird bugs

Thanks for the together mode but it has this weird thing that on a moderated group any general member activating together mode activating it for the entire meeting. I have 20/30 people in the conference and using white board. Any single one opening together mode messing up everyone's view mode. But this feature should be like view only for the person activating it right? as in MS Teams? Also the Speaker View gets stuck most of the time to a person whether s/he is speaking or not, which is very crazy in a conference situation. I am in a situation…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work the way it should.

Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work properly. If shows some random gray boxes as well as with overlay windows as gray boxes too, although the window below is getting shared. This is weird that the same feature works perfectly on MSTeams but not on Skype. Please correct the layers. This is very important for my current presentation scenario.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filters for video calling.

i want to be able to look good even at my worst moments so i would like Skype to add snapchat filters for video calling.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base