Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want intagrated calling tab back.

I want the integrated calling tab back. Don’t want skype calls going into my iPhone call history

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 建议SKYPE共享声音与共享屏幕独立出来

建议SKYPE共享声音与共享屏幕独立出来

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 通话界面如果能同时显示联系人列表和群信息就更好了。通话时,切换到别的app,Skype留在屏幕上那个界面占的区域太大了。

通话界面如果能同时显示联系人列表和群信息就更好了。通话时,切换到别的app,Skype留在屏幕上那个界面占的区域太大了。

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 在旧版本的基础上加上录屏的功能

旧版本很好用,新版本只是华丽的外表,并没实际用处,更多的是不方便!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remote desktop feature.

Allowed friends can do mouse operation on shared screen to help friends.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Native dialer on android

Make it that skype can handle native calls and be the default dialer app on android. Go a step further and give it a "handoff" feature for calls using Wi-Fi, similar to Apple devices

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bluetooth sound quality

Fix the sound quality problems and skipping with bluetooth headphones. That would be a great start. Now conferences are a pain. Have to disconnect -> connect all the time

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alexa/Google Home integration

It would be great if Skype had a skill for Alexa or Google Home so for example we could make a call like this: "Alexa, open Skype and call xyz" etc. Or the same with Google Home. Also it would be great if we could do the same with messages.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need the ability to mute the ringer for incoming and calls and messages.

Need the ability to mute the ringer or adjust the volume for incoming and calls and messages.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Raise your hand

Add a "raise your hand" option for group audio calls which notifies everybody on the call that I (or anyone person) want to speak. This is very useful during meetings. This can be useful during any conference call so at to not to interrupt a speaker in the middle and unlike a video where you can make out from a listener's expression that they might want to talk, on an audio call the only way for someone to convey their intention to speak is to wait till someone finishes their sentence but there might be multiple people who wish to…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. aLLOW FOR AN OUTGOING MESSAGE WHEN CALLS ARE NOT ANSWERED.

Allow for an outgoing message when you are unable to anser a call.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to personalize voicemail

How to customize voicemail as before?

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Skype should allow me to transfer a call session between devices

I might start a call on my iPad, or on a web client, but want to transfer my call over to my phone, my surface, my surface hub, mac, or other signed-in devices. I should be able to hit a transfer button to send a call to another active device on my account. There should be a quick hand-off, and the call should activate there without interruption, in group/individual calls.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are continuously working to improve the quality and functionality of Skype to meet your needs. Please continue to contribute your ideas — it push us to innovate, problem solve, and understand your needs.
    Thank you for helping us improve Skype.
    - Petr

15. Audio

Use of audio codec from earlier Skype platforms (prior to sale to MS, or Skype 7 at least!) Musicians who use this service for teaching and rehearsing cannot approach the audio quality of old Skype or
    current FaceTime even with high quality microphones.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disable Integrated Calling

In the older versions of skype for mobile there was an option to disable Integrated Calling. I need skype on my phone for use while I'm away from my computer, but I really don't want incoming skype calls to show up as a phone call when my phone is locked. Please bring the option to disable it back

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Put chat message area back on bottom. Not right/left side.

Right/left side chat is awkward/uncomfortable and reduces screen space. Put chat back on the bottom and underneath the screen area. 6.21 was the last version that did this. Whether it was a call, chat, or screenshare, big or small window, chat was always on bottom, underneath the screen. Or, at least, include an option allowing chat to be moved to this more user friendly position.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base