Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SMS money grab is pathetic i will never send a single text message

with your service as long as you still want credits for each message after making me but two different subscriptions one to call people and one to have a number to call me on the level of strong arm greed inherent in your methods here makes your Skype app a disgusting pathetic money grab and members me sick it makes Skype look the same as like those beggers on the side walk pityable and pathetic and I said before long as you're service still wants even more money after all that I will never send a single sms to anyone…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen format for recording chats

Format screen layout options for recording a chat. It cuts too much of the screen off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. anyone joining skype calls, should start the call with camera and mic off by default.

anyone joining skype calls should start the call with the camera and mic off by default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow recording in Meet Now without needing anyone else to join. I can do that in Zoom

Allow recording in Meet Now without needing anyone else to join. I can do that in Zoom.

Currently, the record button in MEET NOW is grayed out and it not active until another person joins the room.
    I can start the recording by myself in Zoom without issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Call forwarding to display your Skype number is the one forwarding

When someone calls your Skype number and you have call forwarding on, it should display it’s a forwarded call on the caller ID

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. get all the meetings links accessible in one place.

get all the meetings links accessible in one place. Currently, there's not yet an option to customize or add folders or change favourites name from within the application.

https://www.skype.com/free-conference-call/ View chat history at any time
    As your personal invitation links have no expiry date, you can create your invitation in advance. Perfect for planning ahead for the Christmas period with family and friends, your personal training sessions or your online classes!

Creating personal meeting rooms is a great feature!
    Now I have all my links added to my 'favourites', but it is getting somewhat overloaded. It would be handy to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. See oneself in full screen

I am a gym teacher and when I give lessons though skype video call I would like to be able to see myself in full screen, so that I know exactly what my students can see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. don't reverse cam

don't mirror the footage shown to the other person

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. skype integration

HELLO!
    I have a website, regarding the consultancy, and its been working wonderfully. I have been managing my appointments manually. Now I want to integrate, skype on the site so that my clients can schedule meetings automatically. Also, I want to to Integrate zoom along with skype. So, that they can choose option of their choice.
    here is my website
    https://myweldingyard.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calm background and wake up sounds during Audio and Video Calling

To add a possibility to select calm background sounds during group calls: rumbling cat, heavy rain, sparkling water, sea waves. And also 'Wake Up' buttons: Bell, Ring, Chimes, Horse whinnying, ets... for long business calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please don't show people who's leaving!

Like it feels so bad that if we're in a meeting hosted by us and see people leaving before the session is over, similarly if a session is not over and you want to leave, you obviously wouldn't want the host to feel bad right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. save subtitles

Allow the user to save the closed captioning. This is critical if Skype doesn't intend to lose droves of users to peer services.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. skype for nvidia shield

Add skype for android tv like nvidia shield. it is a capable device to run skype and we need it to have conversations with older family members on big tv. Like the auto answer option that only skype has, very easy for older people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. invite people to a future call

I don't see how you can invite people to a scheduled call. In Zoom, you can send a message to people inviting them to a meeting. If skype has this feature it is well hidden.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we have a 'mirror view' feature?

Option to reverse the image seen on screen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop Skype call interruption via phone inboud connection

Hey guys,

I have a skype flat and call a lot to landline numbers. I am using sony xperia 2 compact (android 10) and have an following issue. If I am in skype call, if someone try to reach me via normal call (f.e. from mobile) my skype call is directly interrupt. I have tried to use do not disturb function of my phone, but it does not work and my skype call is still interrupted.

Would be great if skype will prevent another calls.

Thanks in advance for implementation-it will improve a lot!
    Best regards from Germany,
    Adam Kot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatic message

Please add a place to customize or turn off the automatic message it shows when you try to call anyone and the person doesn’t answer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base