Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 6 people that have spoken in the chat. It would be ideal though to have the ability to see the video feed from everyone on the call. In the age of COVID-19, this has suddenly become a standard expectation by users and pretty much the one killer feature of Zoom and its primary advantage over Skype. I love Skype and try to recommend it to other people for so many excellent features it has that are better than the competition, but the lack of this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. chatting and talking simultaeneously

please add features to enable chatting, talking(including video calls) and sending emojis at the same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screen share your iPad screen while Skyping on iPhone

I think it would be awesome if there was a way to be Skyping on your iPhone but then to be able to share your iPad screen with someone. Currently on a desktop we can choose which of our two monitors to share on a dual display set up. If Skype can somehow treat the iPad as a second display, then I can hit screen share on my iPhone and choose to share the contents of my iPad screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like a recording video option where the person on the other line can be recorded in one, large window instead of a two-box side by side

I'd like a recording video option where the person on the other line can be recorded in one, large window instead of a two-box side by side with me in it. I am interviewing folks from home and I need to see just them in the recording, not me too! Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share screen with sound on android devices

There is no sharing screen sound in android yet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. support focusrite itrack for skype on ipad

Could we have external audio interfaces to be supported like my Focusrite Itrack for Ipad? Similar to the desktop versions where you can select the input and output.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. give us opportunity to automatically record audio and video conversations

It will make skype convenient if there was an option to record a call/video on connection. This should come in form of a prompt immediately the other party/ies connect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Idea riguardo funzionalità videochiamate

Io e un mio amico avevamo pensato di aggiungere una funzionalità alle videochiamate Skype: quando si è in videochiamate in più di due persone ed una di esse avesse bisogno di parlare con una persona all'interno della videochiamata in particolare, pronunciando il nome del contatto, in autimatico si abbassi il volume degli altri componenti della chiamata e si alzi il volume della persona interessata in modo da agevolare la chiamata.

Esempio: se in una chiamata ci sono 4 partecipanti (Bob, Carl, Teo, Gese) e Teo volesse dire una particolare cosa a Gese, basta che lui pronunci "Gese" e in automatico…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call Center for Skype

Hi,
    apparently, there is no IVR for Skype software available in order to route a Skype number to a virtual call center. I formerly used to use PrettyMay Call Center for Skype but this software is not running on actual Skype anymore. Something replacing this software would be great. Thank you for considering.
    Marc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Include computer audio files (speech and/or music) into Skype video call

Ability to incorporate audio files, MP4, etc, to illustrate points in conversation - external sound sources through other speakers and picked up by computer microphone results in very low (muted) sound by receiver

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I like the new subtitles feature. It potentially provides the notes from an online meeting. How to save these to a file?

Subtitles:

I like the new subtitles feature. It potentially provides the notes from an online meeting. How to save these to a file? I'm hearing loss. I use Skype for online school course. It would be very useful to me to be able to save the conversation received ..... which would be the school lesson

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Skype audio call should not be allowed to be recorded without the authors consent.

Skype audio call should not be allowed to be recorded without the authors consent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto-answer calls in full screen

Auto-answer is presently a feature, but Skype video is in a smaller window/box. To expand to full screen, person must manually select full screen. Auto-answer should have a sub-feature (switch) to enable full screen mode or standard window option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the mute all button back in group chats

Add the mute all button in group chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Trash folder for deleted recordings or text

Have an option to recover deleted recording or text

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We should have an option to stream games that we're playing

Allow users to stream video games by having some kind of connection with Steam or any application that we're using. Discord has this feature but it's poorly implemented and only works for Windows 10 and up. If you can make this accessible to any version of Windows, it will make a lot of people very happy, especially in a time like this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base