Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn off self-view

I want the option to remove my video during a call

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clean Call Story

I'm not talking about the chat history, I'm talking about the calls. My skype is over 12 years old and keeps a history of calls and people who no longer even use the service. Just like the message, the call history should have the option to clear them as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suggest virtual backgrounds for video, e.g. photos etc.

Suggest virtual backgrounds for video, e.g. photos etc. that can be uploaded and selected to use in place of the actual background (a basement for example, which may not be particularly flattering, but where my office is currently located).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. make it so i don't have an earrape

make it so if its at 100% volume on pc lower the call sound

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Check out openphone.co they have tons of features we could benefit from in the Skype ecosystem

Enable text to speech responders, enable audio transcription of the voicemail, enable call filtering (to weed out sales calls)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. block unwanted calls regardless of paying this should not be exclusive to paying customers

getting like 25-30 people adding me on skype that I do not know it's annoying is skype now the scam capital of the internet too? HMM?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. block unwanted calls regardless of paying this should not be exclusive to paying customers

getting like 25-30 people adding me on skype that I do not know it's annoying is skype now the scam capital of the internet too? HMM?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not minimize full screen apps/games when a call comes in

During full screen apps (such as games), if a skype call comes in, it minimizes the game entirely. Please allow us to disable that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not minimize full screen apps/games when a call comes in

During full screen apps (such as games), if a skype call comes in, it minimizes the game entirely. Please allow us to disable that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cast to TV

I should be able to cast my Skype Video Call over to my TV.
    I understand that the current call will continue to use the webcam and mic from my laptop/mobile, but at least i will be able to see and hear the video of the caller on my TV, which will significantly enhance my calling experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello, the pop up window that notifies me that I have an incoming call is too small.

Hello, the pop up window that notifies me that I have an incoming call is too small. It needs to be about 10 times bigger (width and height) so it will than take up 20% of my monitor. I miss a lot of calls cause I do not see the tiny pop up in the corner of my screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Breakout rooms for class debate or conversation

I'm a language educator and in language classes we do a lot of pair work, or sometimes up to four participants in the conversation or debate group. The teacher must be checking on the pairs or groups to see how their doing and provide assistance. Having an easy feature to separate participants in breakout rooms would be awesome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stereo audio enable and high quality music mode

I’m a full time musician and full time music producer, I run live streams every week and so far, Skype has shown greatly how easy it is to invite guests using the NDI feature to my live streaming platform, my only problem is that I cannot invite a singer with a full band that will allow me to have a clean stereo mix into my platform, it forces me use zoom using the free NDi tool kit which because zoom does not have NDi feature built in but they do have stereo enable and high quality music mode for those…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Push to talk feature for Windows

Instead of skype detecting your voice, you will be able trigger it by pressing a button and then you will be able to talk.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. camera setting preferences

more camera setting preferences to help with resolution and mirrored images from web cams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please provide an option to change the ringtone

Provide the user with an option to choose between two to three ringtone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please

When will skype bots be added to Denmark and other countries? We've been waiting for a long time! Please add it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. me in grid view for desktop

Recently i can't add myself to the gird view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please give us the teachers the option to unmute a child's mic

The lesson would be much easier if i had the option to unmute a student's mic.I wouldn't have to wait for him/her to unmute.. and you can understand that a lesson would run much smoother...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base