Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to get rid of the "Push 2 to continue"

When calling from a cellphone to a skype number - stop asking to have a button pushed for our business line... customers hate it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. So you can use a green screen on a skype call

So you can use a green screen on a skype call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. So you can change the background on any device

So you can change the background on any device

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. So you can change the background on any device

So you can change the background on any device

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want a start a group chat or meet now conversation + I want to hide the chat from others. that means chat should be visible only to admin

purpose is admin wants to know others ideas as admin. but they should not see each others ideas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi can you tell me how to use an external usb c mic on my android phone with Skype please?

Hi can you tell me how to use an external usb c mic on my android phone with Skype please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have a problem regarding the Skype app, my iPad, and my USB microphone. The Skype app won’t pick up sound from my USB microphone. The app

Skype in my iPad does not pic sound from external mic . I have audio technical condenser mic which I use with usb lightning cable . All other interfaces like zoom google meet takes sound from my external mic while Skype picks sound only from internal iPad mic

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hybrid Group Chats with Skype and Microsoft Teams users

It would be nice to have interoperability between Microsoft Teams and Skype in which we can add people with Microsoft Teams accounts to Group Chats in which there are already Skype users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The recording os video calls

I would like to propose the following idea: the recording of video calls should not be split in half and should record as it appears when we are talking, that is, the full screen with the image of the other person and our image on a smaller screen in the corner upper right.
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mute button should not disappear during audio call

The mute button should not disappear during audio calls, it should be available easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable Touchscreen during Call

Ladies and gentlemen,

because our relatives live very far away, they often talk to their grandchildren on Skype. As the little ones can still sit very playfully and not very quietly, it is not uncommon for the little ones to play around on the screen in their exuberance and accidentally switch off the camera or hang up the call completely.

It would be very helpful if your team could implement an additional function in Skype that allows to deactivate the touch screen during the phone call. I was thinking of a small virtual switch in the form of a specific…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Away from Keyboard (AFK) Function

Dear Sir or Madam,
    the current situation has resulted in all our meetings being converted to Skype meetings. Such business meetings are often longer than 1 hour. In my experience, it is not uncommon to have to leave your desk for a short time during the meeting. As chance would have it, you are asked a question when you are absent. The rest of the colleagues are then naturally surprised why no answer is given.

So it would be helpful to have an extra button to signal that you are not sitting in front of the computer at the moment…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Floating

Floating screen video on ipad

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Interoperability between Skype, Teams, Zoom, Webex, Google Meet users

Make it possible to enter a Google Meet, Zoom, Webex, Skype and Microsoft Teams meeting details and have Meet host it. Also make it possible for people who use Google Meet, Zoom, Webex, Skype and Ms Teams to join in on the meetings. Create the email 3.0 interconnected video conferencing and messaging protocols that interoperate between providers. Just like email. Like in Star Trek, a unified video based messaging and conferencing global community like what email servers and email mailboxes behave and of course live interoperability between all major video conferencing platforms. This is the future of email.. Email may…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share the files for presentation to all meeting participants...

To be able to share the files for presentation to all meeting participants as Normal meeting or on-line meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base