Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. screen share fps

have a new tab that has everyone in the call or meeting to change fps cap/max so lag less for the people who are watching and make it so you have to click on a button to watch the screen share

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remote Access

Plug-In for Skype Basic: Windows 10 now have "Quick Assist" aka "Remote Assist." please develop a "plug-in for Skype basic to access this feature in Windows 10.
    The plug-in should install a button in Skype to run a script that opens Windows Remote Assist and allow users to remotely assist person requesting help.
    This is needed for "older less tech savvy people" who are and have been "Skype basic users" as well as students who are working remotely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grid customization in group calls

I would like to see customization options for grids in group calls.
    Dragging people into a certain arrangement, enlarging some, making others smaller, removing some to see only the most relevant people to oneself.
    As a side note, it would be great if there could be the option to have the speaker automatically appear larger than the other participants in the grid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please Add This Feature Back. (Lütfen bu özelliği tekrar ekleyin)

EN: Skype is a video calling platform that I've been using for a year and a half. It is an application that I use very fondly. But unfortunately when I found out (to be honest) that this version can no longer change the call volume, I was very angry. Please add this feature in version 2021 (if the 2021 version making) please. Thank you to Skype team!
    TR: Skype, bir buçuk yıldır kullandığım bir görüntülü arama platformudur. Çok severek kullandığım bir uygulama. Ama ne yazık ki (dürüst olmak gerekirse) bu versiyonun artık çağrı sesini değiştiremeyeceğini öğrendiğimde çok kızmıştım. Lütfen bu…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Paramètres audio vidéo changeables

Pouvoir changer les paramètres audio et vidéo sur l'appli Android de Skype

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Price

After selecting a telephone number you are asked to accept the conditions (and to be billed) but there is no mention of the price.
    It turns out you have to accept and then only you can see the price.
    This step is not clear that it is not binding so maybe you should think of renaming that button to "see rates and validate".
    :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add the share sound button for Macbooks

While sharing screen there is no share sound button on the Skype app for MacBooks. Please add this feature at the earliest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. black screen in place of webcam (problem)

the built-in webcam in the laptop stops working in newer versions of Skype (black screen in place of webcam)
    the latest version of skype where the webcam works is skype-8-67-0-97

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let me make my video bigger!!!

It's so stupid that I can barely see myself. Why do they keep taking this away? My video is literally so tiny I wouldn't know if I had makeup smeared across my face.

Please make it a grid view including my own video like how zoom has

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. webcam

bring back cams as updates make it black

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It is very important that Skype is accesible to visually impaired people.

Skype blocks calls from voice control (Siri or OK google ) at least in Spain. If I ask Siri call contactx using skype i constantly get an error "Skype does not allow to do this with siri". Something must be blocked. Called support and they don't know. They say it works for them in USA. But here in europe there are lots of people complaining. Can you look at the code and see if there

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. picture in picture feature for windows 10 and other computers

have PIP while doing other tasks on the computer so that you can continue seeing the person you are on a video call with. pretty please :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Avitar

Is there an option for using avitars during video call sessions? If so, where is it and how can I use it?

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Downloading recorded meetings

We tackle some problems while we are downloading some recorded meetings; In fact, sometimes I download 95% of a session and it would be restarted because Internet interruption.
    I hope that Skype team add some feature such as downloader or a download manager to avoid us from reducing our both Internet and time.

Thanks Skype

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi

Hi there Skype team ! I really love doing everything using this platform but the problem I have with it is that I can’t share the audio on Skype using my iPad which I think is a shame for an app like this !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Telefonnummer Ostfildern

Bitte installieren Sie Telefonnummern für 73760 Ostfildern. Ich möchte eine Skype Nummer kaufen und Ihr Support am Chat sagt mir es gibt keine Möglichkeit derzeit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add push-to-talk

add push to talk, and let us change the keybinds for shortcuts, this is why discord is better

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. (SKYPE BASIC FEATURE) PLEEEASEEEEE ADD THIS!!!!!

ADD THE SCREEN SPLIT BETWEEN WEBCAMS IN DESKTOP SKYPE (SAME WINDOW), SUCH AS IT IS IN THE MOBILE VERSION, IT'S VERY BAD TO STAY WITH OUR SMALL WEBCAM IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER AND CANNOT DO ANYTHING.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Blur background in android

There doesn't seem to be a way to blur the background when using Skype on my phone. Perhaps Android wouldn't have enough power or memory for fancy backgrounds but it would be nice to at least be able to blur it or choose a solid color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base