Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block all unknown/private number calls

Like Android, have an option for users to block all unknown numbers/private numbers from calling. This would block all numbers from calling the user and only allow contacts listed in the user's contact list to call the user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Call or be called for video without any calling sound....just silence

After messaging and you then agree to video....to start video call without call up sounds drawing attention would be very useful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to share screen with computer sound on Mac devices

It would be really awesome if the Skype developers could implement the ability to share computer audio along with the screen share to Mac users, as windows users already have this feature. Especially in the current climate of the pandemic and lockdown, more people are inclined to watch movies and play games together. I know the popular app to use is Zoom nowadays, but personally, my partner and I have noticed Skype has been having better performance when it comes to screen share (less lag when watching videos, movies, etc). I hope they add this feature for Mac users one…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. list of available skype number.

Singapore is not in the list of 25 countries available skype numbers. When will Singapore be added?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mic Check Option

Hi, I can no longer use your app on my tablet because it refuses to recognize my tablet as having a mic. If you could give us back the feature that allows us to alter mic sensitivity. That would be great. But for now i have to find a new application to do calls with. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Account blocked"

I just wasted 4 hours trying to fix a problem. I dialed a Skype-to-phone number and got "Account blocked". I spent the next 4 hours chasing down rabbit holes suggested by the virtual assistant and her evil minions. I finally lied to the 20 questions and said the problem was with Windows, which got me to a human, who finally connected me to a person named Maurice, who made a simple suggestion that really ought to be listed as a cause in your knowledge base -- I use a VPN. Apparently it picked a poisoned IP address. All the other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Merging two calls on Skype

I have just spoken to a customer rep (15/06/21). Who has advised me that this feature is no longer available. After she spoke to someone in tech. This is a very useful feature. That I would love to see return. The merge option is greyed out on my phone (iPhone 11 pro). I have the most up to date version of Skype installed.
    Thanks,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. dutch subtitles

I would love it if support for live subtitles was added for Dutch so I can call with my
    partially deaf colleague.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Admin control of groups is to be incorporated.

The skype groups need to be made more secure by giving Admin control so that other members of the group would not be able to meddle into the affairs without the permission or authorization of the admin who created the group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add voice onto screen sharing feature

For the screen sharing frature of the application, voice sharing functions should be included along witht the screen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen Access control

Skype,

When have one to one call or group call, can you please give screen control access to access a particular person screen, most of them using a professional account, so when we need to access screen we going other application like Zoom, TeamViewer, if you provide skype itself it will help more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Someone left the call notification while sharing screen

Dear team,
    I'm sharing my text editor screen in a group call with 5 members. If someone left the call, It's not shown or notified to me until I check the Skype for the number of members in call or someone has to say that he/she left the call. It would be better to notify with a sound or popup message for the person who's sharing the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Picture in Picture video calling when Skype is minimized in iOS

Please turn on Picture in Picture video calling in iOS when Skype is minimized. (Just like FaceTime is doing it)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Answerphone greeting

I am dismayed to find out that I can no longer record a personal greeting on the skype phone number that our organisation uses. I've been trying off and on for 4+ years to figure this out. Finally got through to one of the support staff and he told me that this can no longer be done. What a waste of time that has been!

Please re-instate this feature as soon as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change the ring tone while waiting for someone to answer the call

Hello, I have the big problem that always when I call someone over Skype and I wait for him to answer the call there is this Skype Sound ((Dum Dum Dum Ding Ding Ding). I would really appreciate a normal ringing tone. If you use Skype professionally like me and have several hours of calls per day the sound literally can drive you crazy. PLEASE GET THIS FIXES ASAP IT REALLY IS URGENT AND IMPORTANT

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Breakout rooms/sessions feature request

It would be great to be able to split video/audio conference on separate breakout rooms or sessions

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I have multiple skype numbers, why doesn't the app notify which number is being called by an incoming caller?

If I have multiple Skype phone numbers, WHY THE FUKC doesn't the app notify which number is being called so that I know which business is being called and can therefore adopt the appropriate answering greeting?
    This is so flucking obvious a feature to automatically have by default, but, of course, as usual for MS, not for you simpleton jackasses.

I'm not interested in knowing which number was called after the fact via logging into account online and viewing history.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Irreführend: Weltweit 60 Minuten Handys und Festnetz - monatliches Abonnement mit Office 365

Hallo,
    als neuer Abonnement von Office365 Single wollte ich heute mal die 60 Freiminuten zu Weltweiten Handy- und Festnetzrufnummern ausprobieren. Jedoch musste ich mit erschrecken feststellen, dass mir zu deutschen Handyrufnummern mein Guthaben belastet wurde. Erst durch Nachfrage beim Support wurde mir mitgeteilt, dass im Abonnement z.B. nach Deutschland nur Festnetzrufnummern inkludiert sind. Keine Handynummern. Dies ist allerdings als Nutzer schwer verständlich, da das Produkt von Microsoft so beworben wird, dass diese 60 Freiminuten wirklich für alle Länder dieser Welt zu Handy- und Festnetzrufnummern gelten.

Total irreführender Werbetext und nicht eindeutig identifizierbar.

Dies sollte im Abonnement anders und eindeutiger beschrieben…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base