Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to block or terminate one person who is sending me pictures of women' privates. I did not ask or want this. Want to block

want to block or remove one contact who is sending me lude pictures without my permission. Please let me know how remove this contact. I see no place to do that on the skype site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is unacceptable that no setting allows us to prevent people from recording a conversation for privacy. Zoom does.

It is unacceptable that no setting allows us to prevent people from recording a conversation for privacy. Zoom does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE ADD NOISE CANCELLATION!! its 21st Century , just Common CHAPS! :D YOU CAN DO THIS

PLEASE ADD NOISE CANCELLATION!! its 21st Century , just Common CHAPS! :D YOU CAN DO THIS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype needs a better and more realistic Voice translator in more languages .Skype suppose to unite people all over the world.

Skype needs a better and more realistic Voice translator in more languages .Skype suppose to unite people all over the world. A) Choices of languages are less than w need B) Voice translator does NOT work during call or video calls. Why you make things worst?Nobody can understand the reason .People lose money from this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Skype for Ipad needs to broadcast system sounds as well as video.

Skype for Ipad needs to broadcast system sounds as well as video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CALL CONFIRMATION BUTTON

Skype, I come here to beg of you to make a confirmation button when you start a call. For instance if someone accidentally clicks the call button, a little box should pop up asking you if you want to start the call. Thanks! Hope to see it soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show Busy Sign When on a Call.

Add a busy sign when in a skype call, so people don't just call and interrupt. Or, add it as an option if you don't want to make it by default.

Or, maybe like a phone, they can be redirected to leave a video mail. However, we need a sign more to know if someone is already in a call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Iphone 11 and later camera

Is it possible for skype to be able to access the wide lense of iphone 11 and later during video call?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable Integrated Calling Feature

Skype’s Disable Integrated Calling feature was available in previous versions but has been removed. This supposedly disabled Skype’s calls from being able to take over my phone’s screen, interrupting whatever I may be doing, and coming through as if it were a regular phone call. I attempted to contact chat support for Skype and the only resolution i was provided was to either block my contacts/friends or delete the mobile app from my phone. The chat agent was as helpful as he could be, but ultimately could not provide a resolution to my issues. Needless to say, I will be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. During the screen sharing in full screen mode, it is impossible to keep seeing the Skype chat window

During the screen sharing in full screen mode, it is impossible to keep seeing the Skype chat window. This has existed in the previous versions of Skype, so that during a call when the screen sharing mode is turned on, both parties keep having access to a smaller but operative chat window (enabling turning on and off the sharing, seeing each other, as well as chatting). In the current and recent versions of Skype as soon as you turn the screen sharing mode together with full screen mode, the chat window immediately disappears.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. iPhone and android app auto answer

Skype App for iPhone: please add auto answer for selected callers from address book. This is ideal for my aged father as we need to check him him if there is an alarm. Optional n second warning and beep for incoming but silent mode also for vehicle alarm checking using auto answer on a spare iPhone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Longer than 24 hour calls.

Longer than 24 hour calls for people that sleep on the call with another for reassurance, safety, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restrict Skype number to particular devices

Dear Skype developers,

I recently signed up for a Skype number and it works well. However, I have have Skype installed on several devices, including both computers and phones. I would like to able to restrict which devices can receive a call to my Skype number. For instance, I would like to be able to exclude my computers from such an incoming call or just associate a single device with a particular number. Please let me know if this is already possible.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable translation for calls option

There is no way to disable translation for video/voice call and leave it active for chat messages. Need switch seeing to enable that configuration. The old translation bot story gave us ability for translation in that group chat setup, including video/voice calls, and you could then just use regular 1:1 chat session without bot to have untranslated video/voice calls. Now you have to disable and enable setting on users profile each time you want to have untranslated call which is no good.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow copy and pasting of subtitles

It would be great to be able to copy and paste the subtitles displayed during a call (or alternatively be able to access the subtitles after the fact).

It seems like it would be such an easy thing to implement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. FOR SKYPE GROUPS LET ADMIN CONTROL WHO CAN BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP

I TEACH ONLINE AND HAVE LOTS OF SCHOOL STUDENTS IN VARIOUS GROUPS OVER THE WEEK. BOYS PLAY THE FOOL SOMETIMES AND REMOVE THEIR CLASSMATES DURING THE COURSE OF THE CLASS, WHICH DISRUPTS THE CLASS NO END. They also mute my microphone at times. If I can have a feature which allows me control over my group, it will be fantastic. I have been covered on the skype blog too and have doubled my students since then.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Missed Call vs. Missed call from _Jon_Smith__ needs more distinction. An arrow pointing out if outgoing. Organize logs

Missed Call vs. Missed call from Jon Smith__ needs more distinction. An arrow pointing out if outgoing. Anything to better display my account outgoing attempts vs incoming calls.

If i show my skype activity to a judge for child custody, he will not arrive at proper conclusion. To see missed call, one assumes the person to which the account is associated with has MISSED a call.

I suppose my husband is aware of the deceptive call displays when using Skype, or ged not insist I attempt to reach my child via Skype.

To have a record would be my best…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. volume

Add option to disable Skype from lowering other application volume.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Skype video calling me improve services

Message Reviews to my page bookmark friend

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base