Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share system audio on ios

Hi

In our new lcokdown world I have started to do a fitness class with my friend who lives in another town. I play the video and share with him and we do it together. The great thing is that the we can see each other too whilst i am screen sharing. However I am not able to share the system audo if I use my Mac.

Could you add system audio sharing to the IOS version? This would be fantastic, especially as you have now launched the ability to screenshare from iPad.

You have this ability on Windows but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple watch

Add Skype on the Apple Watch as an app! Easier for phone calls when on the move. It’ll be a great feature as I normally do not carry my phone around the house and hate missing phone calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me retrieve my video recording after 30 days

On Feb 12, 2021, at 6:14pm, I ended an hour-long video call that I was recording for my podcast. I thought I downloaded it right away, but I guess I didn't, because I had to run to something else, and the video wasn't in the chat yet. It's March 30 and I am looking for the video, but I guess I didn't download it. I have chatted with support twice, to see if they can retrieve it, but they say it's gone. I would love for you to help me get the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Setting to disable automatic screen locking in video calls

I can't find a setting to disable automatic screen locking during video calls on the Android app.

At the moment I have to touch the screen every two minutes to forestall the screen from going black due to the automatic screen locking setting on my phone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. please add the background feature in the video call for pc desktop

please add the background feature in the video call for pc desktop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VIDEO MEETINGS FROM ANYWHERE -Best video meeting quality -Easily join a meeting or start an instant meeting with phone, email, or company c

VIDEO MEETINGS FROM ANYWHERE
    -Best video meeting quality
    -Easily join a meeting or start an instant meeting with phone, email, or company contacts

COLLABORATE ON-THE-GO
    -Best Android device content and mobile screen sharing quality
    -Co-annotate over shared content
    -Real-time whiteboard collaboration on Android tablets

UNLIMITED MESSAGING (WITH PHOTOS, FILES, AND MORE)
    -Reach people instantly to easily send messages, files, images, links, and gifs
    -Quickly respond or react to threaded conversations with emojis
    -Create or join public and private chat channels

MAKE, RECEIVE, AND MANAGE PHONE CALLS
    -Effortlessly make or receive calls with your business number
    -Get voicemail and call recording…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Block incoming phone calls during Skype call

On an Android 10 phone, incoming phone calls are given priority over a Skype call in progress. That means Skype gets muted until the incoming phone call is dealt with. This is super-disruptive. At present, the only way to deal with it is to put the phone in "do not disturb" mode before making a Skype call, but it would be great if the Skype app had a way of suppressing incoming calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. recording the phone call

*URGENTLY^^^^ A recording all the calls as an option... is needed for security and verification purposes as evidence physical..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Count down stop watch

Count down stop watch which shows remaining time to start the call. This works as a reminder to people who suppose to participate for the call/group call.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow external microphones to be used with iOS devices.

I recently bought an Apogee HypeMiC specifically to run with Skype and Zoom on my iPad Pro to enhance the quality of my online music lessons given for the university where I teach and in my private teaching practice. This mic works perfectly with iPad apps such as Cubasis by Steinberg. However I was shocked and disappointed to find out after having spent all that money that it is not discoverable in any video chat app running so-called 'Telephony' instead of the built-in audio I/O, despite all these apps (Skype, Zoom, Teams, Jitsu, WeChat, FaceTime, Messenger, WhatsApp et al.) being…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Distracting noise of Skype

I would like to be able to make a call without hearing the distracting noise that Skype makes when dialing in. Is that possible?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Record and Screen Share while using the Dialpad function

As of a few weeks ago you could share a screen and record a session while conducting a meeting using the Dialpad. The only way to do it now is by using the web version of the software which is not as convenient. Please add it back to the desktop version. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Record and Screen Share while using the Dialpad function

As of a few weeks ago you could share a screen and record a session while conducting a meeting using the Dialpad. The only way to do it now is by using the web version of the software which is not as convenient. Please add it back to the desktop version. Thank you.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype overheating problem

Skype is overheating phone extremly. Last night I almost burnt my hand when I touched the phone after about 3 hours of call. The phone gets hot after like ten minutes of call and after few hours it gets so hot it turns itself off. Also the call is draining the battery so much it is not even charging even while plugged.The phone is heating even more after last update, I updated it last night (ver. 8.69.0.96). It had problem with overheating even in previous version but never to the point of turning off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. speakers ipad

Make it possible in skype for ipad to have a separate microphone, connected via lightning, to choose the sound. This can be the ipad speakers, a bluetooth device, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Administrator rights for group calls

One or more designated persons on any group should have administration/moderator rights, principally to prevent other participants in the group from removing participants from the chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable the option to get a Skype phone number from Cyprus, area code +357

Enable the option to get a Skype phone number from Cyprus, area code +357
    After all, Cyprus is a member state of the European Union.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base