Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. hiii

whenever i call someone , i want to use my backgrounds but i don't have them, i go on the 3 dots and look for backgrounds but i still can't find it . i have updated my computer but it still isn't there , can you please help me get backgrounds ? thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Internet Service

Microsoft should start its own high quality, high speed Internet Service in India - so that Indians can use Skype. We want to use Skype, but due to poor internet service in India, we aren't able to use it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enhance video image

Can you enhance the image of the caller much like Zoom? Soften the freckles and wrinkles little?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow resizing and moving the icon of the video camera when sharing the screen, as it was the case for older versions

Allow resizing and moving the icon of the video camera when sharing the screen, as it was the case for older versions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. filters

Add filters like in messinger so the cll does not need yous beground i realy think it wold me awsome

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. background

Set Virtual Background for a Group...

It would be nice if we could choose a virtual background for each group chat we belong to so that we could create a theme for a given meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exclude person option for voice calling

Hi Team,
    I want "exclude a person(s) from a call" option in group chat. That person can understand call is started and if he wants to join then he can. Otherwise caller can select exclude option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screen share both ways

It would be nice if we could screen share both ways. I'm frequently in calls with family and friends and we screen share regularly on Discord because we can both share our screens at the same time, but Discord doesn't allow system audio to be captured. However, in Skype, when one of us screen shares, the other persons screen stops being shared, but we're able to share system audio.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add the Vietnamese language into Call translation subtitle.

Hi Skype Administration,

I have interested of using Skype as an online meeting tool in my business.
    Skype will be perfect if the Call Translation Subtitle by Vietnamese that my Mom can enjoy in any meeting.
    Please consider and add Vietnamese into Translation Subtitle feature.
    Thanks.
    Kenny.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. let the user decide screen share with audio or without audio.

I find this screen share feature really useful. but a minor issue is by default the audio cann't be share but sometimes it os necessary for conducting meetings. I hope you guys will work on this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. full screen share

at the time of voice call if the user share the screen then there should be full screen option which doesn't include any type of borders.
    currently the user can not see the full taskbar at the other end and other user should be able to set the quality of shared screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remote Control

Like in Zoom, you can control people's cursor and make changes on their screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I think that you should be able to mute and unmute other people. I would love that so much.

There should be a host and the host should be able to do most of the things that zoom hosts can do like unmute other people without permission!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. retrieve recording

I was refereed to this channel by tech support.
    Support ticket number 1010238950

My wife's grandmother lived in a different country and she passed away recently, but they have always been chatting over Skype. I don't think they even knew that they can record ongoing sessions. My wife is hoping if there any possibility to retrieve at least one video session they had, because she is devastated that she has no videos of her Grandma.

Would it help if we provide a death certificate if there are privacy concerns? Is there ANY way we can retrieve at least one video?…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Call recording if you make or receive a normal call

Audio Call recording - I have a subscribed number and it would be useful to have call recording feature when people call that line

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Japanese 0120 toll free numbers available

Please make it available to call Japanese toll free 0120 numbers via Skype credits, or a Skype number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make 8-800 calls possible in Russia using skype

Make 8-800 calls possible in Russia using skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. request screen control while sharing

request screen control while sharing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base