Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. go back to keeping the videos for 2 years like you did before you changed to only 30 days

go back to being able to retrieve all chats and videos for 2 years like you used to do skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spatial Sound

In an audio-enabled call with multiple attendees, spatial sound makes it possible to hear multiple people at the same time, and each speaker sounds like they are coming from a different direction. This requires each listener to have a stereo headset.
    With COVID-19 forcing me to attend many audio conferences with multiple other people, it's driving me nuts that simultaneous speaking is completely unintelligible, especially since the technology exists to fix this problem.
    Spatial sound would bring the audio conferencing experience to a totally new level. Each positive reinforcing "mm hmmm" utterance by a listener can be understood while the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Basic Webcam Configuration Features

Skype lacks even the most basic webcam broadcast configuration settings. You can't crop the image, You can't zoom, you can't flip or rotate the image... What are you people even doing? This software is nearly 20 years old and you have no excuse for not having implemented these kind of features.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please resurrect Skype smart TV software

I need some Skype software for Smart TV to keep in touch with my family during the isolation for Covid19.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Audio/Video For Incoming Calls for Mobile and Laptop

I want a default setting for all incoming audio and video calls, such that neither my mic or cam is turned on when I answer a call. In effect, I only want to be listening when I take a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to rewatch past conversations

When video chatting with friends, some friends may not be available to join. Therefore, we should be able to rewatch past video calls to show other what they missed or to rewatch a highlight of the call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove the permission to kick each others without control

Make possible to remove the permission to other group members to mute or kick each others out of the chat unless you are an admin, like for exemple if you are a teacher in chat with your student and want to avoid them to kick everyone out

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. a better push to talk and usable feature like in discord, right now it is annoying to mute and unmute whenever u want to talk.

a better push to talk and usable feature like in discord, right now it is annoying to mute and unmute whenever u want to talk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. elimina partecipante dalla conversazione

buongiorno, sarebbe possibile limitare la funzione ELIMINA PARTECIPANTE DALLA CONVERSAZIONE in una videochiamata di gruppo? Il fatto che tutti i partecipanti abbiano questa possibilità è deleterio!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I propose that Skype waive its charges during the COVID-19 crisis.

I propose that Skype waive its charges during the COVID-19 crisis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. External wireless camera

So, it would be great, if Skype has had opportunity to use a camera on external device ( for ex. phone) for a call on the other device (computer) if those devices are connected to the same network with the same user account

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prevent USER members of a group disconnecting or muting other users.

I have created a group of 24 students. Very carefully (and tediously I may add) I have set each member of the group to USER status and kept myself and one other as ADMIN. In a GROUP CALL this status seems to have no effect as USER members of the group can mute or disconnect others, including the ADMIN. Whilst this causes much amusement to students, it is disruptive. Please consider disabling mute and disconnection features for USER members of a group. Please also make it easier to edit privileges rather than using codes in a chat window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow iPad or iPhone IOS skype to display a group member FULL SCREEN.

When conducting a GROUP call, there is an instructor and a group of students. All the students need to see the instructor, however he is considered as just another group member. Please consider allowing iPad users to select the instructor and make it FULL SCREEN.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow iPad / iPhone IOS to mute the SPEAKER (turn off the sound) for confidence monitoring a skype broadcast.

Please Allow iPad / iPhone IOS to mute the SPEAKER (turn off the sound) for confidence monitoring a skype broadcast. Currently the volume can be lowered but not muted entirely. This causes feedback with the microphone when in the same room as the sender. Confidence monitoring is important when conducting a remote class with a group, to ensure the correct screen is shared and to see what the students see,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype error

Faulting application name: SkypeApp.exe, version: 8.56.0.102, time stamp: 0x5e2899ae
    Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.18362.693, time stamp: 0xd9f9dc8c
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000d63e8
    Faulting process id: 0x3e44
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6035435de3a68
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp14.56.102.0x64kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeApp.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
    Report Id: 48c0aec4-a55d-41e6-820b-05149bb4b309
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SkypeApp14.56.102.0x64
    kzf8qxf38zg5c
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Faulting application name: SkypeApp.exe, version: 8.56.0.102, time stamp: 0x5e2899ae
    Faulting module name: dxgi.dll, version: 10.0.18362.693, time stamp: 0x5ad67a34
    Exception code: 0xc0000096
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000001352
    Faulting process id: 0x6038
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6035380fb3112
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp14.56.102.0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. only admins or creater of calls should have the power to remove others from call

people who start calls should be able to remove each other only

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add 2 camera capability to Skype, as Coronavirus lockdown is forcing teachers to use video chat platforms

Many teachers are opting for the Zoom platform as it allows 2 cameras on its free app. I use Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime. I’m a music teacher, including piano lessons, and would greatly benefit from being able to use 2 cameras on my Skype video chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to see all people of the conference

Would you please add the function to see all people in a video conference, not only 4 people and the other in small bubbles! Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Picture-in-picture mode for iOS app

Allow for PIP in iOS Skype app to facilitate productivity and multi-tasking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base