Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make the mouse visible on screen sharing , it doesnt work on Mac!

make the mouse visible on screen sharing , it doesnt work on Mac!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put me in the Grid (View)

Show me as part of the grid view rather than as a separate miniature video.

If I'm showing or demonstrating something (not screen sharing) I can't see me well enough to know if I'm doing it clearly or that its coming across the way that I want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mute all participants microphones at once

Please , if someone is the host in "Meet Now", it would be great to have the option to mute all participants at once until you want them to talk. It's annoying to give a speech or a class and to have particpants permanently turning on their microphones and interrupting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop Using Electron

Not sure if mods have seen this lately or forgotten about it or what, but Skype needs to stop using Electron and go Native.

Any time I am on a Skype call, my MacBook Pro gets so bogged down that I literally have to end the call for a second to open or save certain files. It's ridiculous. FaceTime, no sweat. Even Zoom and Google Duo run good enough. I cannot continue to use this application if I cannot do the work I need to while on a call.

Plus the fans spin like crazy and that is also quite…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meet Now Instructions are Confusing

On the site, it says no sign up or account or even install needed, but for those actually using the meeting link to connect via their mobile device, they are all prompted to sign in or install Skype (see https://www.skype.com/en/free-conference-call/). Thus far, it is a smoother process with the online Web client if accessing the link via a computer. Why are the instructions on the website misleading if you do in fact need to install or sign into the Skype app if accessing the meeting link via a mobile device? The way the site reads, users accessing the meeting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Subtitles

To have the ability to use "keypad" and subtitles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Grid view

Enable 3x3 (or more) grid view for iPad, tablets etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto answer Function on phone and iPad too

Auto answer Function on phone and iPad too, not just computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Participant video call

It's not much participants for groep videos compared to others who can reach more than 100 people.

Wish an immediate change of improvement. Thanks. Sincerely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. problem from other participants in the group call

it would be better if we know who is removing other participants from the call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Video on slipt view for Ipad (pro). PIP

Allow camera to continue working/ broadcasting while on split view (on Ipad Pro).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to hide the overlay controls in full screen sharing

When viewing a contact's shared screen in full screen mode, there is no option to hide the contacts and call controls that appear overlayed into the screen. These make it difficult to see certain elements of the user's shared screen, which makes it difficult to see and follow certain actions that involve learning how to use and configure applications.
    There should be and option to see the shared screen in full screen mode without the contacts icons and call options hiding parts of the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Toggle computer sound defeaning

Everytime I call someone then it deafens my computer sound/makes it lower, and I think that there should be a button to turn that off. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To be able to be in two chats simultaneously

While listening to a talk join the other chat for translating to a group, sharing the screen of the speaker.
    Creating a translation chat besides the main chat...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Videocall

the number of participant videochat is too small compared to other video chats, which can be used for more than 100 people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. shared screen and participant video image

Hi, I'd like there to be an option for me and the Skype participants to able to draw and type on the shared screen. A whiteboard option would be nice, too.
    Also, I would like to be able to see the other participant(s) during a shared screen, but often there is only 1 participant showing and then when you click on it to move it, it vanishes only to return if you end and restart the call, maybe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skype Credit Subscription Plans for African Countries

There are millions of African diaspora living all over the world in different countries whose families and attachment is back home where they still celebrate their countries' holidays and call back to wish them well more often than ever. Hence, with the best quality international call Skype provides, if a subscription plan is designed to countries like Ethiopia (center of the African Union and second most populous state), Nigeria, Egypt and the like, Skype will surely beat its competitors and will keep retaining more customers that would happily subscribe for the amazing quality calls that Skype provides now, which will…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base