Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. skype is not showing participate list

it is not good i didnt liked it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skype should have layout option in the meeting

Skype meeting should have layout to view large number of people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To allow sharing of audio sound WITHOUT sharing screen

To allow sharing of audio sound WITHOUT the need to share screen. Sometimes I just want to be able to listen to the same songs with my partner at the other end, but without the need to share screen as I want to maintain the full video view.

This will definitely be a very good feature that many will enjoy I believe!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ---BUG REPORT---

I want to play sound in the background on my speakers while having call at the same time but some strange switching happens.

Settings are the following:
    Windows 10 sound --> monitor speakers
    Skype Sound --> headphones

Test Case:
    Check if audio is divided correctly to headphones while music is playing on speakers

Skype Settings --> Test Audio (call) button
    first 2-3 times the sound goes to the speaker then 4th time sound goes to headphones as it should be then 5th,7th again on the speakers then back to the headphones and so on.
    It doesn't follow any pattern, it's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The creator of the normal or moderated group types a welcome message, rules or etc ...

Before joining the group, participants have to read this message and agree to join that group

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Do not allow people to add new members to a moderated group

I created a moderated group that only has me as an Administrator. However, other members of the group are able to add new members using the “merge new call with current active call” function. This “merge call” function works only on the Desktop. There is no cell phone. Please correct this flaw.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom Calling Ringtone

Hi, I'm very proud of skype and the way it outstands in the meetings market but there's an issue I would like to talk about. So I have been using skype ever since it was created and I have also been using the custom ringtone feature. But now it's gone and I get confused because I talk to a lot of people via skype but my family does so, so we never know whose computer is ringing. Thank you .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Screensharing 60 or Custom FPS

I would like to share video games or anything else really, on 60FPS or custom FPS without skype locking me into that framerate or just make it way smoother.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make audio feed back on avatar

It feels like we are constantly troubling shooting audio issues. mic or speakers not working. it would be nice if skype would always flash using a audio level a bright circle around the person that is speaking when in a call including myself so we would know right away if its us or them.

thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix your error messages so they help solve the problem

When we try and voice call South Africa, the call does not connect and the error says that the balance is insufficient (we have over $25 in credit) or it says the person is unavailable BEFORE the phone even starts ringing.

This problem has been occurring for roughly a month. We have not changed anything on our end. Can you help?

Also, you need to fix your error messages - if a user has sufficient credit, it should not tell them that they don't. This is inaccurate and frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. External Microphone on iPad air

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn ich ein externes Mikrofon an mein iPad Air anschließen könnte. Die App müsste dahingehend verbessert werden.
    Danke für Ihre Bemühung
    Uli Berthold

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add push to talk options

Add push to talk options

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A ******* phone number for support!!!!!!!!

Your customer service SUCKS!!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice changer

A voice changer (Preferably configurable).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ter pausa na gravação

Ter pausa na gravação, caso algúem saia da reunião e não quer perder o que a pessoa está dizendo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Virtual

www.virtualmeetings.com

www.eventsolution.com

www. meetingday.com

I’m wondering if any of your development team members would be interested in acquiring any or all of these URLs? They all are highly valued, however, I am now retired from the industry after an amazing career in marketing.. I have recently been given a terminal medical diagnosis with not that many years to live and it’s imperative for me to answer the epitaph in Hamilton. “How shall I be remembered?”

I am not emotionally attached to any of the above url’s, and I’m willing to accept a dignified offer.

Skype, might you or your development…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. share computer audio

please add computer sharing audio for Skype coz many people stop using Skype on Mac because of this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Permission to unmute

If we are in a video meeting with lots of people, we should be able, as moderators, to manage the people who are talking. If someone can’t talk because someone else is, we could mute him, but it is likely that he will unmute himself to keep talking over others’ voices. But if we had an option where we could block someone’s microphone, he would ask me first the permission to unmute and then the moderator can decide whether to unmute or keep him in mute.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Password for meetings

We should be able to set a password for the meeting in order not to let others enter without invite

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base