Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. how to use video camera

an explanation somewhere on how to make a video call properly

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. undock stage

We can undock the video from the main Skype window and expand it full screen to another monitor. But, this leaves the stage, participant list and conversation in the main window. Yes, we can make the stage full screen, but then the participant and chat windows are hidden.

It would be great to have the choice to undock the stage and make that full screen (on one monitor) and then have the main window with video/chat/participants on another monitor. I think that would be far more useful than a full screen of the video camera.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The new version of Skype (Web version) can not make a call

The new version of Skype (Web version) can not make a call Hello Please tell me why the new version of Skype (Web version) can not make a call? how to solve this problem? Web screenshot https://hkar.ru/Xzia previous version worked. Cent Browser Version 3.8.5.69 (Official assembly), (portable) (Chromium 71.0.3578.98) with Respect to (64 bits)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sharing phone number with third party

Hi there. I constantly receive Skype calls on my virtual phone number from third party companies with offers and advertisements. Although I never shared my number with somebody else. Stop share paid phone numbers with spammers!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. What's really important

Dear developers, what do you think is really important when we open skype. Is it the 10 weeks old conversation or whos on line? I'm interested to know because millions of people asked the same question and we still see totally unimportant yadayada first than we have to start digging deep just to find out if a contact we want to talk to is online or not. Using your scale of importance maybe seven layers of ads would improve the search for whos online.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. active and inactive status per device basis.

active and inactive status per device basis. so that if I keep the ipad at home, it shouldn't wake up everyone in the afternoon at home, when I receive a call here in office.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. LET ME SHUT OFF THE DAMN RINGER!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE ME A SWITCH TO SHUT OFF THE RINGER!!! IT HAD ONE BEFORE PUT IT BACK!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype needs to have top bottom split screen view for video calls and messages when the window is narrow.

In Skype 7 at any given time you're able to see the chat field while seeing the video call. In Skype 8 this is only the case sideways when the window is wide. When you make the window narrow you can only have one or the other. This needs to be fixed asap.

For Skype android this should also be implemented. I'm regularly typing and talking at the same time. Sometimes just typing but still broadcasting video just to let someone see me. It's very cumbersome now.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please split the chat and webcam call.Because when I have the camcall the chatbar is too tiny.

Please split the chat and webcam call.Because when I have the camcall the chatbar is too tiny.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. type letters to numbers

One more function that was lost in the transition from ver. 7.
    Allow typing on the keyboard to translate to numbers to make calls. This should be simple and certainly something that a computer can do and used to do. Many companies get phone numbers that they publicize as a word, currently have to peck at the dialpad to call them instead of just typing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows version does not allow me to put in number Options when calling . Example "enter 1 if your call is for accounts or 2 etc. .

Windows Skype does not allow me to enter options. For ex. Enter 1 for Accounts, or 2 for Customer service etc. It makes it useless for me when dialing a bank for instance when abroad. I have to use the Classic Version for that.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SKYPE is now no good at all

There are no tools and the options have been drastically reduced. The updates have not improved the system one bit. Also at the instance when an update is to be downloaded - there is no clear information on exactly what the differences will be. Having learned to manage one system quite successfully, we are then cast totally adrift with a new - generally WORSE - system. Bad news !

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to remove icons on mini webcam window

The icons (mic, video, call, and share screen) on the mini webcam video are annoying because they cover up the person's webcam. Maybe skype creators can move the icons to a small black bar underneath the mini window or make it so that they only pop up when you mouse over the window. I have to constantly open up the bigger webcam window because I can't see the other person since they are being obscured by these big icons.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Its about video call ... so they their should be encoding parameter setting option in some advance mode ..

If skype give some advance mode or expert mode it will be helpful for the developer who integrate or use for some network performance measurement. ..etc software or hardware codecs and their preset settings ..etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I am using Skype for business in our ERP implementation to have all teams connected on a group call during a certain event. However the prod

I am using Skype for business in our ERP implementation to have all teams connected on a group call during a certain event. However the product seems to have a limitation of being able to view only 5 users’ camera at a time versus my requirement of 10 users.

Comparing Skype with other products such as gotomeeting who can view up to 25 users. I kindly request your consideration in opening up the number to be 10 users.

While I understand this will have an impact on the call quality and video resolution but it remains an option for those…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Freetalk connect me

It is a phone adapter and allows users to make calls out of their landline home phone.
    Frretalk connect me is a very small and easy to install device (you link it to your compute, home phone and electrocity and you re good to go).
    You can call o landlines and mobiles & internationnally , directy from your home phone, amazing.
    But it is no longer avalable, as skype decided to stop supporting it!
    What a shame!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please return the option to see the numbers that you are calling (Skype to phone)

Can't see the numbers I am calling in the current version. After selecting a country code, numbers disappear

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. IP camera should be supported

I want to call using my IP camera

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base