Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. skype premium

Hi I was a happy customer of skype premium for more than 4yrs.but last month unfortunately my account is canceled due to credit card expired.I entered new credit card details but not linked to skype premium before the expire of old card.Skype tried 4 times before they cancel my account.I tried another altermatives including world subsciption but as i have to make calls to India it doesnot work.I like to restore my skype premium account .My service request number is 1470880423

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 在旧版本的基础上加上录屏的功能

旧版本很好用,新版本只是华丽的外表,并没实际用处,更多的是不方便!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. video llamada

poder hacer vídeo llamadas con otros usuarios como un chat pero en general que pueda agregar a otro usuario que no conozca y si da permiso activar las cámaras web y comenzar la vídeo llamada

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. realsense

Support for Intel RealSense Depth
    This is the "green screen" feature of WebCams that are RealSense enabled.
    I can already get this with streaming apps but skype doesn't seem to support this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix "Add to Conversation" for incoming Skype Phone Number calls.

Please fix the "add to call" function when people call in to an existing conversation. This is crucial for my LIVE talk show.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Call Recording when using Skype credit (dialling a number).

Call recording for when you dial a number using Skype credit. I understand this feature is only available for Skype to Skype calls.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Video

Being back more than 4 cams being able to be shown at once.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Screensharing for Windows 7

I just noticed Skype for Windows 7 doesn't have the feature for screen sharing. I would love if it does because I mainly use Skype for remote work and training. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need the ability to mute the ringer for incoming and calls and messages.

Need the ability to mute the ringer or adjust the volume for incoming and calls and messages.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. your translator is not working for me ,it is a big mess up

your problem page is worthless i have written many times my translator is not working will you fix it for me ,,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Call Sounding

Please, please, please! Play a sound when somebody joins/leaves a call.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WTF?

Why in the hell did you get rid of the standard DTMF tones when dialing from the keypad? Bring them back! Changing them is NOT a useful innovation.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. transfer cell phone number to Skype

I'm on a PC most of the day. I hate typing on a cell phone. I'd love the option of making Skype my primary phone & texting service and dumping the phone...impossible if I can't transfer my cell phone number over though.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to have the option to adjust audio settings on mobile devices:

Not having the option to adjust the audio settings when using Skype on my mobile device is horrible. It makes it extremely difficult to have much quality at all during a voice call. Please make this improvement. It would be more than greatly appreciated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop discriminating against the vocally impaired.

The new version of skype has no "share system sounds" option, so communicating through text to speech is no longer possible. Older versions worked fine, I guess the development team at skype just decided they don't want people with disablities as customers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More Options in Settings

Don't dim my computer's sounds when I share my screen with someone! Or at least make it optional.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop Muffling Other Sounds Coming From the Computer

I often watch Netflix with my girlfriend while video chatting her on skype, but it can be difficult to hear the audio coming from other apps with the call active. If you could give us an option to stop the audio reduction during calls that would be great and likely cause me to use your product more often.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. putting a shortcut icon to stop sharing the video sharing for the receiver of the viode

adding a shortcut icon in order to have control on sharing the video. It would be perfect. it could be even accessible through the small thumbnail window.

it is what most users who don't have the great bandwidth can be provided with.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base