Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a call with screen off

As in the old version of skype for android I would like to shut my screen off during the call, to safe battery of the smartphone. This feature was in old version a standard and is a standard by phone app on my android pie (9) sony xperia2 compact phone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stopwatch for Scrum meetings

Incorporate a stopwatch to help hold daily Scrum meetings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can I make calls to local numbers and to Europe?

The messaging was used with audio and video calling for Skype and I would like to have this feature now available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Call Planner

Call Planner
    Integrate a version of The World Clock Meeting Planner that allows users to plan phone / vidio hookup times by selecting cities / regions that form a table that shows actual time in those selected locations. Thus compatable times can be chosen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio

Use of audio codec from earlier Skype platforms (prior to sale to MS, or Skype 7 at least!) Musicians who use this service for teaching and rehearsing cannot approach the audio quality of old Skype or
    current FaceTime even with high quality microphones.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add contact to an existing call

When in a call with a contact - if another contact changes status to Online you can then drag and drop that contact into the call you're already in. This worked perfectly in v7 but in v8 you have to carry out multiple steps to achieve the same result. Please keep it simple. This is great for online business meetings/gaming/family calls when contacts arrive online at different times.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. three way calling

three way calling

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Seperate tracks for each voice when recording

Hi, a lot of podcasters use skype, so the ability to record each voice track separately is a must so that cross talk and interruptions can be properly edited out. Can skype please enable something that the old third party app Pamela used to do where a conversation is recorded as a stereo track with each speaker recorded on a different side of the track. Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. option to put ringer on mute for incoming calls

like in the previous Skype version I want the possibility to mute the ringer on a incoming call

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. we need the ability to leave a voice message from our personal comps.

we need to be able to leave a private voice message to our contacts who were either not online to receive our call or the call just didnt go thru for one reason or another.. since reading a message is not safe when driving, it would be nice for them to be able to listen to your message and know to call you back..

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the TINY chat window during audio call!!!!!!!

I MUST have a large chat window in which to type during audio calls. It's so small that it's not usable. What were you guys thinking to shrink it the minute an audio call starts???? It's made Skype unusable for me!!!!!!!!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Double-click a contact to call

Another feature from older Skypes.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A way to disable incoming calls for mobile skype

So basically I use skype on my PC and when i get calls there my phone also rings. This opens the closed app and it is now ringing and running when i dont want or need it to. So if i can disable the incoming calls for the mobile app so it doesn't just open i can save on battery and not disturb people around me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you are in the middle of a video chat if you go off skype you could still see the video.

When you are in the middle of a video chat if you go off skype you could still see the video.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restore "View Techincal Call Data" feature

In monitoring and troubleshooting call quality, Skype used to provide users the ability to open a breakout window that showed technical information about the connection and call. That feature seems to have gone the way of voicemail (e-mail) notifications, which is unhelpful. Please restore this (and the voicemail) feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Could you please just make a standard edition with out the bells and whistles .

Could you please just make a standard edition with out the bells and whistles .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add mini camera screen

when clicking off skype whilst still on phone instead of the window that is currently there, show the camera as if you were still on it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Privat call in conférence

Create a private section on Skype Conferences or two interlocutors can privately discuss other guests at the conference

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base