Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ripristinare gestione amministratore chat di gruppo

Per la didattica a distanza ho utilizzato skype per fare alcune chat di gruppo con i miei allievi. Ma come al solito c'è qualche "Buontempone" che si diverte a rimuovere i compagni se non i professori nel caso più grave. In questo terribile periodo di Covid 19 e di quarantena, skype è un ottimo alleato per noi Insegnanti e Studenti e ripristinare il fatto che chi ha creato la chat sia l'unico amministratore della stessa, sarebbe un grande strumento di gestione da reinserire. Oppure più semplicemente indicare nel messaggio chi è l'utente che fa la rimozione, sarebbe sufficiente per prevenire…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FOR SKYPE GROUPS LET ADMIN CONTROL WHO CAN BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP

I TEACH ONLINE AND HAVE LOTS OF SCHOOL STUDENTS IN VARIOUS GROUPS OVER THE WEEK. BOYS PLAY THE FOOL SOMETIMES AND REMOVE THEIR CLASSMATES DURING THE COURSE OF THE CLASS, WHICH DISRUPTS THE CLASS NO END. They also mute my microphone at times. If I can have a feature which allows me control over my group, it will be fantastic. I have been covered on the skype blog too and have doubled my students since then.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scheduled Meetings

It's about time to include a "Schedule a Meeting" feature with Calendar integration to Skype. That would certainly Zap the Zoom.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Capire quale utente disattiva altri utenti durante le videochiamate di gruppo

Aggiungere la possibilità di capire quale tra gli utenti disattiva audio o disconnette altri utentidurante una videochiamata di gruppo.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey skype can I get a name of person who is removing me from call?

Can you revile the name of the person who is removing anyone from call

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enlarge Captions

Please make it so the caption size can be enlarged in Skype for Android. The captions are too small for someone with impaired vision to read.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Breakout Rooms

Zoom has breakout rooms and I miss this feature. I am teaching online, and I really miss it. Is there any chance of having it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to locally mute a participant during group video calls

There should be an option where I can mute a person during a group video call in such a way that I am the only one who cannot listen to them while rest of the participants can.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To know who cut my call

Can I know who cuts my call because they started playing with the people over there and we cannot find who it is. It shows that your call have been removed from the call by other participant. Is there a way I could get a specific name

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OPTION TO SEE MORE THAN 4 PEOPLE

I think that it could be a good idea to have to option of seeing all the faces of the participants on the screen while doing a videoconference with a large group of people

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to see all people of the conference

Would you please add the function to see all people in a video conference, not only 4 people and the other in small bubbles! Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add group call option to Eco Show

At the moment you can't add someone with an Eco Show to a group video call... which is a huge shame... particularly for old people who are generally the users of the very simple eco show device. Please add !

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Single call host who would have control to mute / unmute others.

At present , it is a dumb design to let anyone mute or kick out anyone out of the call. There should be a host who can then promote everyone with higher permissions if required.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make turning off video increase the audio quality, by either increasing resolution or reducing audio delay!

Make turning off video increase the audio quality, by either increasing audio resolution (sound quality) or reducing the audio "delay" - or both! This could potentially improve musical collaboration via Skype, which is plagued by audio "lag" or "delay" - definitely problem! In other words, use the bandwidth "given up" by turning off the video, to enhance the audio experience. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BRING BACK RINGTONE OPTION. Its mind blowing that you took away such a basic option.

BRING BACK RINGTONE OPTION. Its mind blowing that you took away such a basic option.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Who initiated a group call

It would be very helpful if we're able to identify who initiated the Group Call.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. give some power to host for conducting a meeting

I am teacher by profession. I want control of my students during lecture so that no one can see and hear each other but only me..

and the power of host whose cam/mic he can open and close

1. rotation of display video according to the need

thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base