Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Calling Ringtone

Hi, I'm very proud of skype and the way it outstands in the meetings market but there's an issue I would like to talk about. So I have been using skype ever since it was created and I have also been using the custom ringtone feature. But now it's gone and I get confused because I talk to a lot of people via skype but my family does so, so we never know whose computer is ringing. Thank you .

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable default message after a no-answer

An enable/disable feature for the suggested default message after a no-answer call. (Mobile use)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the screen sharing easier

Make the screen sharing easier to switch between screens... Example Google Meeting where the screen sharing is so much easier. What you see is exactly what your clients see..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please provide an option to change the ringtone

Provide the user with an option to choose between two to three ringtone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically call answer with locked pc screen or the display turned off

For disabled people or just to let watch your room or what is looking your webcam (for example your pet). It's important that the function answer automatically incoming calls can work when windows is locked. Actually if the PC is locked or the display is turned off the function answer automatically incoming calls doesn't work anymore. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There should be some system tag where if another person is on call, should show as red

There should be some system tag where if another person is on call, should show as red so that we dont call them multiple times

It will help calling someone when the sign is green meaning , he is not on another call

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work the way it should.

Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work properly. If shows some random gray boxes as well as with overlay windows as gray boxes too, although the window below is getting shared. This is weird that the same feature works perfectly on MSTeams but not on Skype. Please correct the layers. This is very important for my current presentation scenario.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calling features

Like Discord people should be able to lower or higher someones volume. You use to be able to end the ringing for different memebers of a group, the feature has been removed in the last few years. When you mute a group you shouldnt still be getting calls, that's the whole point of muting a group or person, to not receive notifications from them. On do not disturb I still get get calls popping up and so do other people I've asked. Given how big Skype is and how many people report the same issues or similar issues you would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filters for video calling.

i want to be able to look good even at my worst moments so i would like Skype to add snapchat filters for video calling.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. See your own subtitles

When you turn on subtitles, you only see others' subtitles, but I think it would be better if you could see your own subtitles. This way you could see what others see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Separate Window for Screen Share and Video

Please have separate windows for viewing video and content/screenshare. I want to be able to use multiple monitors to see video on one screen and the content on another.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sharing system sound in android app

While screen sharing allow sharing of system audio in android app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There's a continuous hum in the background while you're in the video call. I want this issue resolved in the next update.

There's a continuous hum in the background while you're in the video call. I want this issue resolved in the next update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove

Ability to remove notification of Call and duration of call. Just as we have ability to permanently Remove each message when chatting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Breakout rooms for class debate or conversation

I'm a language educator and in language classes we do a lot of pair work, or sometimes up to four participants in the conversation or debate group. The teacher must be checking on the pairs or groups to see how their doing and provide assistance. Having an easy feature to separate participants in breakout rooms would be awesome.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please please PLEASE bring back the background it is not in the latest version and skype updates automatically so i cannot get it back :(

every one knows about the background issue... In the new update that feature was deleted and now we can "share articles" with fellow skype users. I feel that should be part of skype business and the background option should still be available. as you all know, skype usually updates automatically so i am not able to get this feature back. PLEASE BRING IT BACK WHEN A NEW UPDATE IS AVAILABLE!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Skype should add Beauty option

there should be beauty option and level of beauty to choose while video calling..I request Microsoft to add this feature in skype calling.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to change the ringtone on skype

Be able to change the ringtone on Skype Mobile Edition (include video link)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base