Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. let us get good package from skype to skype calling and charting from UAE to other countries. but unluckly its blocked here.

I have been using skype since long time. since two years it has not been working since two years. i am unable to call to India its now working in UAE( United Arab Emirates). if there is any package please let me know. i will buy it. and please let me know the procedure to buy ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add redeeming voucher recharge option and billing related information in skype mobile phone apps.

Please add redeeming voucher recharge option and billing related information in skype mobile phone apps. Because from skype to phone call we always use mobile phone. for recharge redeeming voucher we have to go webside again. it is very difficult for us. please-

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. automatically route outgoing calls from phone through skype

Much like google voice- it would be great for the option to route international calls through skype and use skype credit instead of the insane international calling rate with carriers. Shouldn't have to specifically enter the skype app to do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remove my profile pic from video screen when my cam is not on

remove my profile picture from top right hand corner when in video chat when my cam is not on. As my cam is not good i usually don't turn it on but watch and talk to the other person, but now I get my profile picture in the corner when in video chat. This didn't happen in the old version and ruins the view. I don't need to see my picture as I already know who i am. My eyesight isn't good so I often record the chat and show on my huge tv and having my pic on screen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Foto wärehrend des Videoanrufes schiessen

Ich möchte einen Button zum Schiessen eines Fotos in hoher Qualität mit der Kamera des anderen wärend des Videoanrufes. Dieses Foto soll automatisch im Chat als Datei gespeichert werden. Kurze unterbrechung der Videoübertragung.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dear Teams of skype I have a problem with new skype version (Skype version 8.40.0.70) with my webcam (Panacast E5 version), every WC when st

Dear Teams of skype
    I have a problem with new skype version (Skype version 8.40.0.70) with my webcam (Panacast E5 version), every WC when start ,it automatic show in video setting in skype but with Panacast E5 I must add by manually (like this: rstp://IPaddresss:8554/video). But the new skype version I can not edit in Webcam setting function. Could you upgrade this function in next Skype version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. chroma

how can I use chroma key in skype?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow editing of a “calls , dialpad” keypad entered phone number. I don’t want to delete it all and again. Thankyou

Allow editing of:
    “calls , dialpad” keypad entered phone number.
    I don’t want to delete it all and again.
    Thankyou

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi, I want to check the number of call I make on a daily basis, It was possible in the previous version but unable to do it in the new one

Hi, I want to check the number of call I make on a daily basis, It was possible in the previous version but unable to do it in the new one

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Problem with the camera in MacOS Mojave

Skype does not find my camera since I updated to MacOS Mojave, even after re-installing Skype. My camera works with all other applications, but not with Skype. Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you reaching out to us. This forum is intended for new ideas and feature suggestion. If you have a technical issue which needs support, please visit our Skype support site ( support.skype.com ) or our Community ( answers.microsoft.com ) and submit your issue here.

Thank you
    - Petr

16. I can no longer see how to share screens with another Skype user. I'll have to resort to Team Viewer if this functionality has been removed

I can no longer see how to share screens with another Skype user.

I'll have to resort to Team Viewer if this functionality has been removed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why can't I change the screen size to show both me and the person I am contacting. Half screen for both used to be available now not.

Why can't I have the half screens as before ? the instructions and guidance in the programme are useless.
    Also - why is it not possible to easily change the text size in messages - as it was before microsoft took it over. It is more difficult and more unwieldy to use. SO far - alll bad news - so please give me a solution to this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 通话界面如果能同时显示联系人列表和群信息就更好了。通话时,切换到别的app,Skype留在屏幕上那个界面占的区域太大了。

通话界面如果能同时显示联系人列表和群信息就更好了。通话时,切换到别的app,Skype留在屏幕上那个界面占的区域太大了。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i suggest to a code that gives you some so called "hacks" but make it super hard to find the code.

i suggest to a code that gives you some so called "hacks" but make it super hard to find the code. Also, make it extreme badge for someone who gets the code. And..make the "hacks" is good (put the hacks code into the "Share other links for others to join)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base