Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Play a video with its original sounds during share screen

I would like my phone, which is android 6.0.1 for now, to be able to perform a share screen where I can play a video with its original sounds. Currently, it does not play it with its sound. Presenting a video is part of my teaching methods to my students. One more thing I wish is allowing me to mute or unmute myself during video screen sharing, like Zoom on a computer. I use Skype weekly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add audio sharing of the video while Screensharing that video on Android

Please add audio sharing of the video while Screensharing that video on Android

While Sharing a movie on Android the other person can not Listen to the audio of the video being shared!!!! Please do something it would make it fantastic feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why did you get rid of calls recording? could you please bring it back

why did you get rid of calls recording? could you please bring it back

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the screen sharing easier

Make the screen sharing easier to switch between screens... Example Google Meeting where the screen sharing is so much easier. What you see is exactly what your clients see..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Active call window/modal

Add an option in settings to switch off the active call modal.
    I.e. When I'm on a call or group call and I switch away from my Skype screen the small active call modal is always there. It is of no use to me, I understand it may be use to some so if this could be an option to show it or not, that would be marvellous.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. See your own subtitles

When you turn on subtitles, you only see others' subtitles, but I think it would be better if you could see your own subtitles. This way you could see what others see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. recording skype to international call

I am usnig skype international number and can record calls using mp3 skype recorder on my laptop but cannot record calls on my android device. please allow this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Separate Window for Screen Share and Video

Please have separate windows for viewing video and content/screenshare. I want to be able to use multiple monitors to see video on one screen and the content on another.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. i suggest to a code that gives you some so called "hacks" but make it super hard to find the code.

i suggest to a code that gives you some so called "hacks" but make it super hard to find the code. Also, make it extreme badge for someone who gets the code. And..make the "hacks" is good (put the hacks code into the "Share other links for others to join)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sharing of individual screens rather than the entire desktop screen

The updated version of Skype does not support sharing individual screens or windows but rather just the entire desktop. This is not a good idea specifically if you are using Skype for teaching. This could create confusion for the users and at the same time pose a greater risk on data privacy of the one sharing the screen. Please return it ASAP!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Privacy for Skype to Skype between parents interference during parenting time.

Allow calls only to device I’m video calling. I want to stop my children and I from being watched on another device. For parenting time the children should have their privacy along with the parent having the call. Unsure if there is a way around this already in privacy but my 8 and 9 year old go to FL every year for half of the summer and their dad and step mom are watching our chat on another device. Not a good feeling for a mother. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filter calls to only allow incoming calls from phones within the contact list

Filter calls to only allow incoming calls from phones within the contact list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I could get rid of goto meeting if I could choose a presenter and remote control shared screens

when you share a screen, it would be nice to let others remote control it. for now I pay for goto meeting just for this feature. otherwise I wouldn't need it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello I think mirroring a camera should be available in your video setting.

I am having a hard time presenting my presentation because I can't mirror my camera. I hope you fix it soon. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Messagerie Vocale

Bonjour, pourriez-vous proposer une messagerie vocale en français ou personnalisable pour les clients avec un numéro virtuel ? Merci beaucoup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove

Ability to remove notification of Call and duration of call. Just as we have ability to permanently Remove each message when chatting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Skype should add Beauty option

there should be beauty option and level of beauty to choose while video calling..I request Microsoft to add this feature in skype calling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. avatar

more emoji and avatars for more fun and also games from skypes please create one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Request control feature

Request control feature should be there while sharing screen just like in microsoft teams. It is very useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 102 103
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base