Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merge accounts

Bring back the possibility to merge accounts. I had a skype address. Now I have a MS account and another Skype address linked to it. It would be nice to be capable of merging them. This function is not available now, I will have to delete one of my accounts, lose some contact.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A bio section in profile would be nice to have

Have a large number of characters (200-300) to describe ourselves

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple accounts

At present l believe you can only one account & cannot open any extra account/s

Unable to communicate with family members with an exciting family account

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Use bot to detect spam, but use humans to determine if it is a human or a bot sending spam messages. ignore if human sends tons of messages

Use bot to detect spam, but use humans to determine if it is a human or a bot sending spam messages. ignore if human sends tons of youtube and pixiv links
    Because my account got tagged as a spammer some how. Looks like you cant send messages anymore with photos and links anymore. Hate using discord. Please fix this issue. its a trend on twitter now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1494722697 -case no

My Microsoft account is linked to foreign Skype account that I cannot unlink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unlinking Skype from Microsoft or but transferring to another Microsoft account

Is it technically impossible to unlink Skype account form Microsoft account, or ist it just an unwillingess of Microsft to do that. Many of us have the same issue and my opinion is that Microsoft is dooing nothing.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sign in

Please make the sign in procedure easier simpler and faster. Especially when you re using the app from abroad. ( far away from your home address). Stop these double triple etc. verification procedures through questions that you might not even remember at the time.
    Its a total waste of time and you should look at it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Data ,messeges,photos restoration system

This is very important feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back conversations from 2012 onwards

Hi.
    I would really like to know if I could have access to messages I had with a Skype contact in 2012/2013. I recently logged back into my account since then and all the messages were gone.
    It would mean the absolute world to me if I had access to the old conversations. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delink skype and microsoft account

Forcing people to (1) have a new Skype account randomly generated by your AI if they accidentally click a link or try to open their own Skype accounts from a new device, and then (2) agree to cancel their outlook accounts and all associated services to include their emails and real Skype accounts as punishment for wanting to get rid of the 'bogus' account. This is criminal behavior akin to technological blackmail. Who at Microsoft thought this was a good idea? It's a terrible idea and now there is a junk Skype account with my name of it that I…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to complain about the method you use to identify the users. I had to change computer last week and when I tried opening my account I

I want to complain about the method you use to identify the users. I had to change computer last week and when I tried opening my account I followed the instructions, answered the questions, and I could not recover it. Conclusion, the questions are not appropriate; I have had my account for over 15 years and use it frequently with my family and my work. I have a lot of contacts I want to recover. I have changed email, house, bank account, telephone number since the day I opened it. How can it be that the questions you ask are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. change login

Dear developers! I’d like to be able to change the “Login”. I registered it with a real phone number. I didn’t want to show it to everyone. Thank you

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unlink skype account from microsoft account

Dont have sense that if i want to delete my Skype account i delete to my Microsoft account.

I have a microft account since 2006, for my Xbox, now i want to delete Skype account but if i delete this i Will delete to my Xbox account and i Will lost everything.

Please microsft add a option to unlink the account

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype name, games, and skins

I'd very much like it if the developers would take time out to listen to or read thoroughly through the suggestions and maybe twice a year or annually make minor changes that have great impact. For instance: 1. Skype name customization 2. Skins layouts 3. More/custom ring tone 4. International clock for across sea calls 5. Ability to delete Skype without deleting Microsoft account. These are just five things that'll boost your consumer report. Heck I'd pay $0.99 on a fancy skin. Maybe even add games that multiple people can play through Skype. Games don't have to be anything major.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dear sir we need support to make transfer credit less then 1$ , like .10$, .30$, .50$, .70$, .90$ between other Skype accounts

Dear sir we need support to make transfer credit less then 1$ , like .10$, .30$, .50$, .70$, .90$ between other Skype accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. delete pls 0/10

LET ME DELETE MY SKYPE PLEASE. Also, all of these tabs and links are unnecessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Totally useless service from Microsoft Skype that all should be aware of and Microsoft should address as a matter of some urgency as this sh

Totally useless service from Microsoft Skype that all should be aware of and Microsoft should address as a matter of some urgency as this shows they have no concern for customers and not capable of providing a decent service.

My Skype number +33 (0)977215991 was due for payment last week in 14th but was refused by my bank as card had expired. I received notification on 14, 15, 16 but first two went into Spam. On 17th I tried to change payment details but when I went into account to change payment method the number is no longer showing. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skype is not good they blocked my account

Why you blocked customer accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skype pop protocols for violating specific terms

You know in order to improve Skype protocols there should be a pop up message where an individual is violating a term of Microsoft policies. so they can consider it as a warning.

Rather then having their accounts blocked due to some reason. (my reason wasn't specified thoroughly it simple said "unusual activity)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base