Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It is rediculous that I cannot use the credits I bought with Office 365 with my Skype account. You say I have to run two skype accounts

I do not want to run two accounts as suggested with ticket number 1496925558 as using one account for chats and another for calls is stupid. So will you please do the necessary so that Office 365 minutes, which I remind you have been paid for, can be transferred to an existing skype account. If not you are selling under false pretenses

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. removing old skype names

Years ago I signed my daughter up for a skype account so she could speak to her grandparents. As she was quite young at the time I signed her up using my email. Fast forward a number of years and her skype name is now it seems forever linked to my Microsoft account. Now that Microsoft has bought skype it seems that every time I try to log into skype using my Microsoft account it brings up my daughters skype account not mine. The only way I can sign into my account is with my user name and not my…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. piece of **** they charge more and cancelled my contract

piece of !!!! they charge more and cancelled my contract, increase the price of the plan and dont honor my contract, absolutly piece of , they want me to pay 50% more, where in the world is acceptable 50% of increase! cost 19.99 for 3 months and now they want 29.99, go the **** skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. let others call my skype to go

Have a Skype icon in my phone app. Skype can not give Skype Numbers yet, for all countries eg my country Greece. This means that someone can not call my Skype from her/his mobile. So, if my mobile phone app can some how register my Skype account and since I can add trusted skype to go numbers, by some process being registered my Skype to go in my phone app, my registered numbers could call me by using my Skype credit if i allow this option in my phone app and my Skype to go should be my registerd Skype…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CLOSING SKYPE ACC FOR DECEASED RELATIVE

THIS IS A COMPLAINT! When your relative has died and you want to close their accounts, it should be simple, like send an email to the beareavement team with proof of death, as it is with all other organizations. Mircrosoft - I had to search for ages and came up with no explanation of protocal on this, had to wait ages to speak to a live agent, who then spent 30 mins sending me links that I couldn't access unless I could login to my relative;s account which I explained I couldn't do, had to faff around with different browsers,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change number i registered skype

Dears,
    I have a skype account, but I lost number, with which I have registered it.
    Could you please help me to change main number?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to unlink Skype account from Microsoft account

I have a Skype account linked to my Microsoft account that I don't actually use. I have another Skype account that is well established that is not on the Microsoft account. I would love to be able to unlink the existing Skype account so that the other can be added to my Microsoft account. Also it would be cool just to be able to unlink in general.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PASSCODE VIA CSR TO CLIENT ACCOUNT USER

PASSCODE VIA CSR TO CLIENT ACCOUNT USER VIRTUAL INTERACTION YET PERSONAL INITIATIVES ON VERIFICATION SUCH AS THROUGH VOICED SECRET Q&A, WEB CAM - SCANNER PROVIDED CUSTOMIZED FOR EYE CONTACT LENS VERIFICATION SO THERE'S NO WAY FOR FALSIFICATION ON PERSONALIZATION DURING INITIALIZING LAUNCH OF AN USER NEW ACCOUNT UNDER EXACT TRUE AND CIORRECT ORIGINAL AND AUTHENTIC NONE OTHER THAN LIKEWISE GOD ALL IN POSSIBILITIES INCORRUPTIBLE, INDESTRUCTIBLE, INCOMPARABLE, INTELLECTUALLY AND INSTINCTUALLY HIGHEST TO HEAVENS SUBMISSION FOR ITS THE ONLY THAT REAL LIKE MARIA PAZ Q CASTILLO IN CURRENT FORGIVENESS BARGAINING GENEROUS KINDNESS TO LOVE ALL GREEDY RUDE BYPASSERS GRABBING SHORT LAZY CUTTING…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update Required for Profile Image Help Topic

Please correct the help topic telling people how to update their profile picture via desktop that they need to do it via web.skype.com, not the regular "edit profile" area. This would have saved me about an hour on chat to a support person who didn't even think to ask where I was updating the profile picture until the very end. The staff member told me to post here, though I don't know why. The help topic should just be corrected. Simple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 单独注销Skype账号!

何时才能推出注销Skype账号的功能,我需要的是单独注销Skype账号,不要同时注销我的Microsoft账号。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ошибка некорректного отображения состояния активности собеседника

Добрый день!

Образовалась какая-то ошибка из-за которой неверно отображается состояние активности собеседника (он всегда онлайн, но в действительности это не так). Просьба исправить.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. show skype lite download and help us bet our accounts back with or contacts

I have search high and low now for 14 days spent more that 120 hours and still cant find my skype lite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Several Skype IDs displayed after I sign out. At present only one is displayed and a line to input others, so one has to type another ID

Pls implement several Skype IDs displayed after I sign out. At present only one is displayed and a line to input others, so I have to type another ID AND the password, which is a lot of typing. Pls implement!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can’t connect with my Skype account it’s longtime maybe now 2 week it’s not good service already have reference number 1494327230

I can’t connect with my Skype account it’s longtime maybe now 2 week it’s not good service no one help just say wait 2 week now nothing happened already have reference number 1494327230 And sir0963599

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I cancelled my Skype afternoon using it for about 10 years. How do I know that I no longer have an account? There has been no

I have cancelled my account but have had no feedback from Skype acknowledging it received my request and cancelled the account. Is it policy to respond? If not, how do I know I succeeded?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Merge accounts

Bring back the possibility to merge accounts. I had a skype address. Now I have a MS account and another Skype address linked to it. It would be nice to be capable of merging them. This function is not available now, I will have to delete one of my accounts, lose some contact.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base