Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. remmeber password

I'm tired of having to log in every time, return the old feature of remember username & password

If not possible, allow us to use old skype classic without forcing us to upgrade to this new one (I hate it so much! but can life with it if at least could remember username & password)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better you add acc deleting option

Your skype Not Contain Account deleting Option Better You Add That For Better Usage And For Improvement OF Skype Hope You Understant What I Mean

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. There is a way how to permanently delete your Skype account of course. Just follow the steps here: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all..

However, if you will delete your Skype account, you will also delete your Microsoft account and you’ll no longer be able to sign in to other Microsoft consumer products or services such as Outlook.com, Office Online, OneDrive, Xbox Live, or Windows.

- Petr

4. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can you go bak to having a global answer and end call keystroke?! it's hard to end and answer a call while blind.

Can you have a global keystroke that allows you to answer and end calls? In your later versions it was alt and home to answer and alt and end to hang up. i was wondering if we could have that again! it'is hahrd to navigate through the window while you are getting a call and blind at the same time!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Being able to recover Skype-ID from earlier Skype-account

Being able to keep old Skype-ID from earlier Skype account to keep all contacts list & be visible to my earlier Skype contacts instead of getting a new one automatically assigned by MS resulting in all contacts lost & not being visible to my previous friends, family, colleagues ....

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. free 60 min Skype with Office 365

when you subscribe to Office 365, you get monthly 60 minutes for Skype calls.
    Instead of creating a new Skype ID, it should be possible to choose to activate the free minutes on an existing Skype account. That would be good design...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keep old Skype ID during migrations

When you migrated Skype to Login.Live.Com and Microsoft, your system assigned a new Skype ID to the email address I was using with my old Skype ID. After getting some support I learned that to access my old Skype ID I have to log in with the Skype ID itself and not my email address. If I log in with my email address I get taken to my new system-assigned ID. Apparently I can't migrate my contacts, conversations and history from my old Skype ID to the ID newly assigned to the same email address, nor can I replace the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to have other options to sign into my account when I travel overseas so my account stops locking!

I am military and deploy. A lot. Every time I try to access hotmail or Skype at a new computer it wants to send a text to my phone, which does not have access in theatre. I usually have the code send and answer the questions but it STILL locks the accounts. Thus, you cant Skype home! So you are deployed and cant call your family! Completely useless. There needs to be another way aside from a text that you can access your account. Why are there not questions? Or why is my second e-mail not able to verify? Microsoft,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change my online status on the tray bar icon in Skype for Windows 10 app

Now Insider version of Skype for Windows 10 app (Version: 14.37.26.0) has tray bar icon but it has no ability to change my online status just like Skype for Desktop has.

Please, bring this feature also into the Skype for Windows 10 app!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Impossible to verify an account using a phone number if you don't have one

If your account is temporarily suspended it is impossible to reactivate it if you do not have a phone number. If a code sent to the registered email account is suffice for resetting a password then why not use it as an option to verify the account? Now can't even close my account, ridiculous!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype

I have had incredible frustration and confusion with Skype accounts. MS made me an unwanted Live: Skype account, which it defaults to when I go to the web site to add credit or buy a Skype number.

The Skype number I bought went to this idiotic, unwanted Live: Skype account. Credit I purchased for Skype calls did the same.

Why would I abandon a 20yr old Skype account?

I cannot erase the unwanted, unnecessary, forced-upon-me Live: Skype address that is also tied to my MS account, WITHOUT DELETING MY ENTIRE MS ACCOUNT!!!!

Seriously, who designs this kind of idiocy?

I…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Signing In and Out

I find it good that when I sign out Skype memorizes my user name, but I think it would be better if it does not memorize also my password

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve account recovery with multiple possible answers, or empower support employees to do this with correct info

Improve account recovery.

My account was hacked.
    The automated form is very frustrating in that it asks for information, many of which may have multiple possible answers.
    Why can't I say, "birthdate could be one of these possible answers?"
    "address could be one of these addresses"
    Or contact someone in person.

I have all the purchase invoices for everything I've purchased from Skype over the years, and other information that indicates my account ownership. But the automated form makes it all guesswork, and far too time consuming.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow unlink Skype from the MS account without deleting the account

1. Provide an option and instructions to update old non-MS live Skype accounts to be updated to a MS live account, rather than creating a new unneeded and unwanted Skype account.

2. When installing Office 365 and it asks for your Skype name, but won't recognize it because it was created before MS bought Skype. Give the customer the option to stop and associate the account to avoid an erroneous account being created. Provide specific information regarding what will happen if you don't and that it will create a new Skype account and MS won't allow you to unlink it or link…
    160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Refine your compromised account detection system.

Non-compromised accounts of English as a Second Language tutors of RareJob Inc. who use personal skype accounts in contacting students who use personal accounts are being suspended/deactivated for sending contact requests.

Their line of business via Skype should not be violations of the Fair Use Policy.

RareJob Inc. Can be considered as one of your loyal customers for 11 years and counting.

You already messed up with the UI. Will you also mess up the usage itself of Skype?

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skype call history

Please bring the Skype Call History back for the Latest Version of Skype for Windows 10 (Current version 8.31.0.92). I want to see a list of calls made and the costs of each call. Classic Skype had this feature and it was easy to use. Should also be easy to get access to the Call History.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to merge my accounts, and keep only one.

I want to be able to merge my accounts and keep only one.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add option to delete history from My usage

Skype store all the phone numbers and when you called in “Skype\My account\Usage\My usage”. It’s a serious security concern if a hiker if someone hacks your account.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We’re still working on enabling this capability to allow you to delete all the conversations with one click. In the meantime you can delete your conversations one by one. Right click on the conversation in the recent chats list, and select the option to “Delete Conversation”.
    - Petr

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base