Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to turn on/off dark mode & light mode at specific times

Dear Tech team,
    Please make an option so you can set a specific time for dark mode and light mode to turn on automatically for Skype on the phone and PC. Also please include an option to switch to 24 hour time for Skype on the phone and PC. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to hide the overlay controls in full screen sharing

When viewing a contact's shared screen in full screen mode, there is no option to hide the contacts and call controls that appear overlayed into the screen. These make it difficult to see certain elements of the user's shared screen, which makes it difficult to see and follow certain actions that involve learning how to use and configure applications.
    There should be and option to see the shared screen in full screen mode without the contacts icons and call options hiding parts of the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multilingualspell check

Spell check can indeed be a good helper .. or a hindrance. I can't add a language, there's no feature allowing me to add a language pack or dictionary and selecting languages isn't available yet.

If I se nd messages (every day, in my case) to THIS person in English and THATin French, another person in Spanish, etc the only language Skype uses seems to be system language.

As every other Microsoft product seems to have (for years now) not only multiple language dictionary languages and options but also automatic recognition (well, it tries at least) of languages to select…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Real time chat

Please add a feature to understand that the person is watching my message or not whom I'm chatting with.This will make us more live to chat.This feature is availabe in Snapchat but I love to chat with skype.So,please make it happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Toggle computer sound defeaning

Everytime I call someone then it deafens my computer sound/makes it lower, and I think that there should be a button to turn that off. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 24 hour time setting

Dear tech team,
    Can you please make an option in all Skype applications, PC and Phone etc. to set the time to 24 hour time so the time showing in the chat windows when the message was sent shows in 24 hour time or anywhere else. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skype phone numbers should be clearly communicated as "Non-refundable", "Non-verifiable", and "Non-2FA compatible"

It is a really terrible business practice to not clearly communicate in the checkout process that some key details someone might expect from a regular phone number are not available through a skype number. They cannot be verified and thus, cannot be used for 2-factor authentication. However, I believe any consumer would assume this is possible when they see that they can send and receive sms, as consumers, including me, don't know that there are numbers that can send and receive sms, but somehow not work for 2FA. You should also clearly state in the checkout process that skype numbers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Skype loading when Windows starts

Making it difficult to find the setting to prevent Skype from loading when Windows starts is why users don't have trust in your products.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Important message flags

The problem is that in a large group chat important messages can be lost between all of the spam. I think colored flags could solve the issue of searching for an important message. The way it would work is the user could flag a message with different colors and the whole message "bubble" would change to that color - would be a lot easier to find them by scrolling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why do you make sure we update?

Why do you make sure we update? Why not just bring back support for older versions of Skype? Is it so difficult for you? Do you like it when people leave the project? You would return support for older versions of Skype, there would be no such noise. And you would think about the elderly people, how they were not comfortable in "Skype 8"!!! You would think of older people first than killing a normal Skype!!! Now, when I download classic Skype, I always see a survey in it: either update, or go fuck yourself. So that... I advise you…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the world's oldest languege is TAMIL, 80 million Tamil Speaking Poples in the World, why its not in the list

hi helli sir/medem past 13 years im using Skype network, it is one of the most popul and fantasticvisual network in the world, but i have a request for your

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. To be able to be in two chats simultaneously

While listening to a talk join the other chat for translating to a group, sharing the screen of the speaker.
    Creating a translation chat besides the main chat...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you have a group it shows how many people are in group but not who is in it. Some of my groups are 6 -8 people how is one to check.

When you select the group there is an Icon with heads, you should be able to click on it to see who is in group.. When I select it opens up finder.. Maybe a bug... but need to see who is group to add and delete people over time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please, return the old versions of skype.

I understand that this is already written, BUT I CAN no longer SIT on SKYPE 8! EITHER you RETURN US the OLD VERSIONS of SKYPE, OR we LEAVE the PROJECT! SO PLEASE HEAR US. I CAN'T SIT ON THIS PATHETIC LIKENESS FOR A NORMAL, OLD SKYPE. RETURN US THE NORMAL VERSIONS OF SKYPE 7,6,5,4,3,2,1!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The notification window in Skype for Mac is very annoying, it covers the buttons to answer the call and the tabs when I use the browser. The

The notification window in Skype for Mac is very annoying, it covers the buttons to answer the call and the tabs when I use the browser. The problem is that if I cancel the notifications then the sounds of incoming messages are not reproduced, so I do not know when they write to me.
    Please improve that, regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to adjust camera setting during a call

Recent version of Skype has eliminated the ability to adjust the camera setting, which I need as my picture is always too dark. Please return that feature to future versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. After typing my name+PW, I can't access my directory/messaging.I found a soln thru web.skype. Pls add this function to profile for easy acc.

After typing my name+PW, I can't access my directory/messaging.I found a soln thru web.skype. Pls add this function to profile for easy access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. changing background

how to change background

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)