Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Several Skype IDs displayed after I sign out. At present only one is displayed and a line to input others, so one has to type another ID

Pls implement several Skype IDs displayed after I sign out. At present only one is displayed and a line to input others, so I have to type another ID AND the password, which is a lot of typing. Pls implement!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message sound

Allow ability to change notification sound. Messaging currently to soft to hear

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Visual voicemail for telephone calls

Please give Skype users a free voicemail box that they can have calls routed from their phone to the Skype app for visual voicemail.
    I think adding a feature like this will let Microsoft take over more of the mobile market by giving users a free, easy visual voicemail service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I can’t connect with my Skype account it’s longtime maybe now 2 week it’s not good service already have reference number 1494327230

I can’t connect with my Skype account it’s longtime maybe now 2 week it’s not good service no one help just say wait 2 week now nothing happened already have reference number 1494327230 And sir0963599

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would like to switch between my 3 international Skype caller ID's so that a local ID comes and they have a local number to return the call

I make frequent calls to the UK, Australia and New Zealand and i live in the USA. I have a skype number for each of these countries so that people can call me back on a local vs an international number. I would like to be able to switch between country caller ID's so that it is not just showing a UK skype number wherever I call.
    It would be great to switch to Aus skype number as caller ID when calling clients in Australia etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unlimited calls to Bangladesh from Poland

Rebtel app gave unlimited call from Poland to Bangladesh in 48 pln.

I think you should also provide unlimited calls from poland to Bangladesh in a cheap rate.

It would be great for me and my friends here in poland, if you give unlimited calls to Bangladesh from Poland.

Thank you. Hope you will think about this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need more emojis!

can we please have more emojis in the chat? there aren't enough and they are so fun to use. many people I talk to feel this way

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thumbnail Adjustability

Allow users to adjust the thumbnail of their profile picture like every other social media does. This should have been a feature that was available since day one. Having a profile picture showing all the wrong portions in the thumbnail appears sloppy and completely unprofessional - This goes double for people using Skype For Business.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Call recording should seek permission from all the participants

Whenever someone start the recording of the call, Skype should seek the permission from others in the chat/group chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unlink Skype Account from Microsoft account and Skype ID change

There should an option to change your Skype ID or at least unlink your Skype account from your Microsoft account. I linked my friends Skype account to my Microsoft account by mistake and now there's no way I can unlink those 2 accounts or even atleast change the Skype ID. Its super annoying as its happened to some of the people I know as well who are equally irritated, I really hope there's a solution to this mess real soon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I cancelled my Skype afternoon using it for about 10 years. How do I know that I no longer have an account? There has been no

I have cancelled my account but have had no feedback from Skype acknowledging it received my request and cancelled the account. Is it policy to respond? If not, how do I know I succeeded?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Switch off balance indication

I am not using Skype to phone calls so I have no money on the Skype Out balance. I'd prefer to hide zero balance indication next to my name on the top of chat/contacts tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Compact list mode for Favorite only in Skype App

Hi!

I was thinking since you guys have a compact list mode for your app in the settings, would it be also possible to just put an option to customize the compact list mode.

For example, one can have an option to compact list just the FAVORITE chats or the just the REGULAR chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To be able to see all your calls and conversation. In history & not have to keep scrolling for hows to get there . Would be great .

To be able to see all your calls and conversation. In history & not have to keep scrolling for hows to get there . Would be great .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. downloading (sykes's recording of screen session - show % that is downloaded and how many addition files are waiAting to be downloaded.

downloading (sykes's) recording of screen session - show % that is downloaded and how many addition files are waiting to be downloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Incoming video control

Need ability for individual low bandwidth users in a large group of high-bandwidth users to turn of their incomming video to reduce their bandwidth, without handicaping others in the call. Right now the only solution is for everyone in the call to turn off their video when one user complains about bandwidth. Not a good use of an important Skype capability (video). Also causes hard feelings between participants (video advocates and video haters).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Surveillance

The verification process of the account is very static, non-user-friendly and very hard to prove that you are yourself, what is causing me a huge headache because now I can't access my skype with the services I paid for... I'm very disappointed with Microsoft... you could be more soft, easy-going...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. priority

I would like to be able to mark certain chat messages as priority for faster search later. The other option would be being able to change the background color of those priority messages for faster scanning of things that are important.

For business use, these would be great enhancements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 242 243
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base