Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be a feature to change a skype sound! (yes i know a lot of people suggesting this feature)

There should be a setting in the Skype app to change a notification sound. if it's in skype for business, just port the feature over to skype. it's kinda easy. how to use it would pretty much be like this. settings > general > Ringtones And Sounds > Customize.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pesquisar uma mensagem no chat

Não existe um input de pesquisa no chat que permita o usuário digitar um texto e localizar uma conversa, o usuário tem que rolar o scroll até encontra-la.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Historic Call clean

I'm not talking about the chat history, I'm talking about the calls. My skype is over 12 years old and keeps a history of calls and people who no longer even use the service. Just like the message, the call history should have the option to clear them as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clean Call Story

I'm not talking about the chat history, I'm talking about the calls. My skype is over 12 years old and keeps a history of calls and people who no longer even use the service. Just like the message, the call history should have the option to clear them as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't keep foreground app running in the background

Skype uses the same amount of memory when running in the foreground as in the background.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't keep foreground app running in the background

Skype uses the same amount of memory when running in the foreground as in the background.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need Drag and Drop in your reaction section

Skype should give drag and drop functionlity in Your Reaction section. Because every new added emoji comes at first. then after we want to rearrange it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Suggest virtual backgrounds for video, e.g. photos etc.

Suggest virtual backgrounds for video, e.g. photos etc. that can be uploaded and selected to use in place of the actual background (a basement for example, which may not be particularly flattering, but where my office is currently located).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. {{Please bring back the feature of the old classic skype where you could hear a sound when your contact comes on line or goes off line.

Please bring back the feature of the old classic siype, where you could hear a sound when your contact comes online or goes off line.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make it so i don't have an earrape

make it so if its at 100% volume on pc lower the call sound

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A key stroke function reset

i continually hit cntrl "T" while typing. The letter "T" with shift is used a **** of a lot in english I notice, and instead of hitting shift accurately, if I am a bit tired, I miss the shift key and hit the cntrl key which activates anolther screen and sometime takes me to skype help. It can be very frustrating. I would like to be able to chose to deactivate the cntrl "T" when i need to. Other key stokes are not such an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Speak to customers.

Self explanitory. Support customer support.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Check out openphone.co they have tons of features we could benefit from in the Skype ecosystem

Enable text to speech responders, enable audio transcription of the voicemail, enable call filtering (to weed out sales calls)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. block unwanted calls regardless of paying this should not be exclusive to paying customers

getting like 25-30 people adding me on skype that I do not know it's annoying is skype now the scam capital of the internet too? HMM?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. block unwanted calls regardless of paying this should not be exclusive to paying customers

getting like 25-30 people adding me on skype that I do not know it's annoying is skype now the scam capital of the internet too? HMM?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. picture orientation

When i take a photo on my device in landscape mode it appears in portrait mode in the chat window and cant be rotated. It would be nice to be able to rotate it before posting, or after when i, or someone else views it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide control bar during videocalls

During a call the control bar at the bottom should be transparent or hidden so that the visible area is larger. Changed with one of the last updates. Would be great to be able to change that back in the settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. log in

Hide my login status and close Skype for iPhone. When I reopen Skype for iPhone, the status is logg in. Previously, the login status remained hidden. I would like to you to put it back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not minimize full screen apps/games when a call comes in

During full screen apps (such as games), if a skype call comes in, it minimizes the game entirely. Please allow us to disable that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 425 426
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base