Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please remove auto update of desktop version of Skype

please remove auto update in desktop version of Skype, Since the new version is not working properly and We need to use previous versions sometimes in case of required.
    please do not hesitate let me know if you need more details.
    Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easy casting from mobiles to TVs

As the title says. Press the casting button from your mobile and it casts to your smart TV wirelessly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. start or join a 100-person meeting with crystal-clear, face-to-face video, high quality screen sharing, and instant messaging

start or join a 100-person meeting with crystal-clear, face-to-face video, high quality screen sharing, and instant messaging

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. children control

be able to create a skype account for kids, under control of an adult account

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Audio and video calling translate

Your app is very good if you add Hindi language in। This will help us a lot thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We need react for Thanks

We need react for Thanking for someone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When a member join and leave the call and again if he want to join back he need to request and any of member in the call can accept it

it is being difficult to know who is on call and who is not after a member join the call and leave e suddenly having an option to join back will help to not project a confidential data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please allow me to change my Skype username

Allow us to change our Skype username without having to delete our Microsoft account. I'm a transgender man and my Skype username is still my female birth name, I hate it, want it gone, but unless I'm willing to delete my whole Microsoft account then I'm not able to, please fix this for all LGBTQ+ Community members

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Merge calls on Skype for Windows 10

Users are unable to merge someone in an existing call using Skype for Windows 10, but this very helpful feature is available on the stand-alone version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Popped out calling window

It would be very helpful if a user could detach the current calling window on a pop-up window. This will allow the user to have the shared-screen/videos open in one window and continue to chat with somebody else on a separate chat window. It will definitely help users using multiple screens

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Game for texting

So when your texting and you are bored you can share a game with your friends

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would absolutely love to see the option to skip back a week/a month/a year back from classic Skype.

I would absolutely love to see the option to skip back a week/a month/a year back from classic Skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. abonnement

Hello,
    It would be good if we could choose to use the Office 365 minutes instead of a paid subscription.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VIew more people vidoes on screen at the same time. 4 people is small. Most other video calling apps can show up to 16 or more!

It seems that you can only view 4 video feeds on screen at once when in a call with many people. 4 people is small number. Most other video calling apps can show up to 16 or more! Skype should increase the number of people that you can view at once.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow ranking of Skype Ideas by number of votes

When searching if others have complained about the same issue, you give no option to rank the ideas by votes, meaning that votes are spread out over an infinite number of potentially similar demands. This is such an inefficient way of doing things. There should be a better way of returning results, such that people aggregate their votes, meaning they get heard better. Except if you are avoiding that!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Save passwords and usernames for ALL accounts! (with option to not save)

What is the point of asking you if you want to have your username/password remembered, if it gets forgotten once you sign out? If you have different ID's, you need to enter ALL THE DETAILS each time you switch back and forth. Seriously, please fix, I am not the only one complaining!!!

You can have an option for those who don't want that info saved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Caption Call

Caption Call (cc) would really help someone like me who is almost deaf.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scrollbar area for call history (including chats and vmail) on Skype app is too small if caller is not in Contacts

Scrollbar area for call history (including chats and vmail) on Skype app for windows 10 is too small, approx. 3/4 inch high. Above is "Invite to skype" taking up almost the entire page. This only occurs on calls made from callers not in contact list and on the Windows app. When using https://web.skype.com/ on Chrome the scroll window is almost 1/2 the page.
    this occurs only when I receive a call from someone not in my contact list. If on the list, the page is completely scrollable. If not on the list, only the received calls, chat, messages are scrollable…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base