or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We hear you  ·  AdminPetr at Skype (Community Manager, Skype) responded  · 

We hear you. We love Skype version 7 too. We’re working to build the Skype experience you’ve come to depend on for so long on today’s platforms for today’s user. It would be impossible to bring back the full catalog of features available in previous versions of Skype all at once, our engineering systems just don’t work that way. We are committed to evolving the current Skype experience to match your needs over time. As we release new Skype features, we’ll update this site. You can also follow @Skype and @SkypeInsider on Twitter for the latest news too.
    Thank you all for your feedback.

392 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mek Erku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is killing Skype and just loosing all the users! Its never too late to accept that you guys failed with the new version and get back to the old one! Seriously, focus all your developers on supporting the old version and just leave the new version or throw it in the trash, I guarantee not a single user will complain if you do it! Using Skype 8.x is seriously causing me a lot of stress, and seriously, if i start having some mental or other health issue because of that stress, I'm suing Microsoft! Oh god i really want to hit and break my laptop every time i use skype, i don't want to feel like i HAVE TO use it, i want to use it with pleasure like all we did before. BRING BACK CLASSIC SKYPE!!!!!

• Alien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What an American way of taking over something everyone loves and just turning it into **** that everyone hates.

You SUCK Microsoft in all the possible and impossible ways.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this portal is useless, it is like a book of claims that nobody reads, they are not going to improve Skype, they want to migrate to Teams, which is the same trash

• Marc Su. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use the 7.40 to be found here: https://uploadfiles.io/djtr4 , uninstall everything about Skype, clean PC is needed and reboot before install.
        It is clean, should not want to update, except may be the first time, deny the update.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely LOATHE Skype 8. I've had 7.36 for MONTHS because I hated the update but when I logged in to my computer today it wouldn't let me use it. I HAD to update, and even updating and then installing 7.36 didn't work.

PLEASE Microsoft. I know you don't give a **** about your customers (why else would you force this ****** bug-listed-as-program thing on us) but could SOMEone there help all of us that want a Skype Classic? PLEASE?!?!

• kurono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New skype is a total **** in every way. Please kill it with fire and rewrite from scratch in old skype way.

• Vodkaneat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use 3 monitors and 4 desktops - how the **** am I meant to use this "New" interface. In fact it's no longer new, it has regressed by about 20 years.

Can't detach a chat window to another monitor? Are you serious? Are your developers on drugs?

• Chris Gravell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine the furore that would result if Ford brought a new model to market and told buyers that they are listening to users to make this new model the best yet, that they have introduced a smiley face that pops up when you hit the horn... and also that they didn't have time to implement all the features of the old model, but they're working on them and welcome feedback.
        Now imagine that they responded to customer suggestions and complaints in the way Microsoft are doing over Skype8...

User: There's no radio!
        Ford: It wasn't compatible with the new dashboard but we're working on ways to introduce all the features you love,

User: the seats are hard plastic and uncomfortable!
        Ford: You must remember that change is inevitable as we move forward and that some things are very difficult to implement into the new chassis.

User: The clock doesn't work!
        Ford: Are you using Model 8.41.241ForConcrete? Tha clock is only painted on in that model. Model 8.41.241ForAsphalt has a clock that works, whil 8.41.241ForDirtTrack doesn't have a clock at all.

User: I love the way the badge lights up on the front!
        Ford: Great! Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us and we always take feedback on board! By the way, have you tried the horn yet? You can let everyone know your experience on twitter using the hashtag #clueless

There is still a working version 7.40 I am using, together with over 70 customers, see https://ufile.io/djtr4 . Clean! Works on Win7, 8.1 and 10. It does not want to update on most systems, but if it asks to update, just don't and it will keep working.

• Becky Raymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be true that the team did not have enough time to add in all of the Skype 7 features but they could have left Skype 7 open until Skype 8 was fully complete. There are many of us that use Skype for work purposes and not just for fun. Something that doesn't affect many others like being able to assign my own hotkeys to answer a call is extremely important to me. There was a classic version still floating around so I downloaded that and had my hotkeys back and it made a huge difference. I stopped missing calls. They disabled that classic version and forced me to "upgrade" and this morning I'm missing calls again. I can't wait around for them to catch up. I'm already having to give my mobile number out to important clients to have them call my mobile instead of calling my Skype number just so I can use voice command to answer the phone and not ***** up the work I'm doing by having to use my mouse to answer the call. The next problem is not being able to resize the text input area. I am using the Pidgin instant messenger with the Skype plugin just so I can have a decent messaging window to handle my client services. The ONLY reason I have not yet left my paid Skype is because I haven't found another service that issues phone numbers. Once I find a replacement I'm done with this company because they forced people to move to Skype 8. It would have been fine if they left Skype classic open.

• Select commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I understand what happened now with the Skype 8 release. It's not that they removed all the Skype 7 features, they just didn't have enough to time to build them into the new platform. They built Skype 8 from the ground up it seems, and internal politics forced them to release it before they could finish building out all of the "missing" features. But over the last year they seem to have done a pretty good job of catching up, and it looks like it's getting there, hope you keep it up Petr! Starting to come together finally.

• dada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use skype for qork everyday and I hate that you want to make another messenger from it. I loved that the list of contacts was compact, I could see 20 or more coworkers all the time and it was all transparent. Now I see maybe 10 if I make the font very small, almost too small to read. I need to constantly look for contacts, I never know who is online, you took the "right back" status option and it's hard to see who wrote to me!

• Garry Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the version 8 design team are "dreamers", or millennials, thinking that everything has to be re-done to look "cute". This attitude is a bunch of hog-wash. If it ain't broke, then don't fix it. The new design team is out of touch with reality and practicality, hence they are "dreamers"

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new version of Skype is a large step backwards, and not the improvement you would try to have us believe it is.

The new UI is horrible, reduced feature set from prior versions, and forced emoji's whenever trying to use parenthesis.

There is no valid reason for forcing us to use Skype 8, when there are zero security issues with Skype 7.41. If Microsoft refuses to allow paying customers to re-vert back to Skype 7, then they should authorize a full refund for unused money (i.e. Skype Credits) for those that have not and will not abide to being forced into Skype 8.

• Alexander Kot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame for developers of this new GUI. Single window but multiple processes. But this is not a web browser but a simple chat app.

• ITMAGE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The chat windows should be able to be reduced in size as small as we like. Currently the chat windows take up far too much screen real estate.

They did not have to bring back anything, it was already there! But nooooo, instead of starting with what WAS working, they are trying to re-invent the wheel forgetting that it has to be ROUND to actually work! Instead, we now have a square thing with childish bells and whistles, which do not work either, those 'engineers' should be forced to come online and explain themselves!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base