1,998 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
We hear you  ·  AdminPetr at Skype (Community Manager, Skype) responded  · 

We hear you. We love Skype version 7 too. We’re working to build the Skype experience you’ve come to depend on for so long on today’s platforms for today’s user. It would be impossible to bring back the full catalog of features available in previous versions of Skype all at once, our engineering systems just don’t work that way. We are committed to evolving the current Skype experience to match your needs over time. As we release new Skype features, we’ll update this site. You can also follow @Skype and @SkypeInsider on Twitter for the latest news too.
Thank you all for your feedback.

413 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marc Su. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

K, no-one is going to do anything about it, best thing to do now is to dump Skype and leave it to the anti-social media users to ruin it even further...

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Petr, good day! i hope that as an admin on skype discussions you really realize that new version of skype is just not working properly: a lot of problems with it and I am sure u perfectly knows about that. I see that you have a lot od requests and demands to restore classic skype from your customers you give profit to Microsoft (including MS staff salaries). what MS is going to to to satisfy its' customers request?

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good going Microsoft, ignoring customers and forcing a complete garbage version of Skype upon us. All you had to do was leave Skype 7 working, but everyone at Microsoft is too incompetent and continues to ignore all the feedback. Will be leaving Skype now.

• domcom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not have anything new to say but still getting updates - like a cat ***** at the front of your door.

"... our engineering systems just don’t work that way". Well then. As a customer you'll never know if or when a product works the way you need. Stupid agility bs....we called it Banana software years ago...now the same bs is sold as 'the new way of engineering'...Einstein was right, human stupidity is definitely endless.

• Skype 8 H8ter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has a long history of shoving bad ideas down its users' throats, Groove, Communicator, and now Skype. (Let's not even mention Vista and 8)
    For once, STOP!
    It's like you guys have a meeting with the most tone-deaf devs that doesn't even use Skype and start throwing in ideas of how to make it "better".

AND despite the backlash, and don't tell me you don't know it because you pushed back the Nov end of support date, you still go forward with shoving it down your users' throats.

This is gross ignorance on top of gross negligence on top of gross incompetent.
    Skype 8 is a MOBILE APP. Haven't you learnt ANYTHING from forcing desktop users to use mobile interface through Windows 8? Seriously!!!
    I can make a long list of things that are wrong with Skype 8 but the lone fact that it's a mobile app should tell you enough. If it doesn't mean much to you, no offense but maybe you shouldn't be a product designer. Maybe better luck stuffing sausages, those won't complain about being shoved with things.

• Thwmas Aion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But still we have that **** skype version 8 and you not leave the user to use classic skype the only you will do is just to make us delete for ever skype if that was your solution you was can easy just close it for ever.... not to give us that **** program and say is skype because it was not

• Clive Hornsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just downloaded Skype version 8.43.0.56 and it is nearly usable if you want to input all your contacts again.

Still missing core functionality we had in version 7 which is why everyone is so frustrated.

The last comment from Petr is Dec 3 2018 so nobody is listening or monitoring this thread in over 4 months :(

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame on Microsoft for forcing this terrible version upon us. I will certainly be leaving Skype with this new update.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another 7.40/41 version of Skype just got affected by the ****** forced update scam. Why are you anti community? It worked perfectly, no flaws! But you ***** couldn't stop yourself from ******* up Skype could you? Your only task now is to un-**** Skype from it's ****** state!

• Bob Bath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "new"skype just doesn't work on my win 7. I can't call. When I do, the other person can't see me calling and then it gives me a ******** message that the signal is too weak. Now even others can't call me. After the call is dropped it gives another ******** message that a call was missed. When it was still working, it did not shut down the call, after I did but was trying to reconnect. The idiotic sound it makes I won't even mention. Sharing screens is not working eighter. It doesn't work at all! Splitting the program doesn't work. When trying to turn on the camera after the connection with voice, it won't turn on, only when calling with a camera initialy. Now only the chat can be used, like 20 years ago. Whatever microsoft touches turns to ****! BTW, I uninstalled, reinstalled countless times. Wiped the rgistry and all but this sit just won't work! Forcing everyone to "üpgrade" is the most disquisting thing I ever saw! ******** microsoft and FU bill gates you *******! I used skype from the beginning and now it's over!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this Petr person SERIOUS? "We hear you"... no they don't ore they would never have foisted this piece of malware onto us.

I tied and tried to get back Skype 7 but it forced me to update to 8. I started to use whatsapp with PC, problem solved, works better than Skype ever did.

STUPID SKYPE EVER.. SKYPE WAS WAY BETTER BACK THEN.. WHY DID YOU GUYS BUY SKYPE JUST TO RUIN IT?? STUPID MICROSOFT, YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST.. YOU DESTROYED WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER AND NOW YOU WANT TO DESTROY SKYPE AS WELL.. A WORD TO A WISE, IS ENOUGH.. I REST MY CASE

• JuicioEBR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Microsoft and the Skype Team, but you don't hear to your customers and user base.

Seems to be that someone payed the actual Skype Team in order to destroy and kill Skype.

I'm waiting until Skype 7 runs again, but will never install Skype 8, i don't want garbage in my computer.

Don't waste your time adding new features or improvements tou your limited, less featured, slowly and ugly electron mobile/tablet/smartphone app Skype 8 that runs on desktop because will never downgrade to that garbage.

• mehdi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello, i'm VI and can't use skype 8 because of it's accessibility issues, any way to get around the forced update that started like two days ago? when i launch it it gives me two version ids and one is current and the other one says expected version if we could modify that maybe we can use skype 7 again...

Another blunder "evolving" from version 7 to version 8 (Windows anyone?). We want a "Skype 10" ASAP!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base