or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We hear you  ·  AdminPetr at Skype (Admin, Skype) responded  · 

We hear you. We love Skype version 7 too. We’re working to build the Skype experience you’ve come to depend on for so long on today’s platforms for today’s user. It would be impossible to bring back the full catalog of features available in previous versions of Skype all at once, our engineering systems just don’t work that way. We are committed to evolving the current Skype experience to match your needs over time. As we release new Skype features, we’ll update this site. You can also follow @Skype and @SkypeInsider on Twitter for the latest news too.
    Thank you all for your feedback.

336 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ditched this excuse for software and am now using alternatives. (I used to be a paying customer.) MS doesn't respond and doesn't care. Neither do I now. I vote with my wallet and my wallet doesn't care for MS anymore.

• zelenina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

some questions to "great" skype 8. why does it take over 200MB of RAM? Why are not separate chat windows? why not see who is online? Why can not I hide who is not online? why can not I disable pictures on contacts? why does skype load a cpu in a regular discussion? why is skype updating violently? why does skype occupy so much space on the screen? why can not we still use skype 7.41?

• Franz Gsottbauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An Android/iPad interface will not work on the desktop. But they don't care about usability at all. Today you have to explain to experienced Skype partners how Skype works today. But unfortunately one usually explains what is no longer possible. Is this your plan for the future? I also like to admit that Skype on the Android mobile phone satisfies me meanwhile. It's not perfect, but it's useful.
        The expectations and/or the functional requirements on a mobile phone are also not so high. But the desktop is a big worry. Here Skype delivers a bad performance. But what bothers me the most is the arrogance and stubbornness of Microsoft to expect this from its users. We are not 12 year old kiddis who use it as fun. No, we also like to pay for using it. If only it could do that like it did then. I'm deliberately not saying that it has to be Skype 7. No, but I want the features that made Skype strong again!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Petr, your response points out you don't hear us.
        I pay a monthly subscription for Skype. I need a functional, efficient interface for my solo practice usage.
        You've flushed all functionality that was useful for a business user like myself, that I can see.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Petr, tell your bosses that the more time we spend with Skype 8 and examine it, the less we believe you could even GET the version 7 features into it, let alone do so in a timely manner. It's been A LITERAL YEAR and you don't have split view, emoji disabling, or something as utterly basic as FONT SIZE CHOICES. I guess making Alexa compatibility is more of a worry than usability.

Bring back Skype Classic, scuttle Skype 8 except for mobile devices, try again in 3 years with Skype 9 and actually listen to your userbase instead of your own insulated community of devs and insiders.

Posting again as its relevant. https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-welcome-to-skype-ideas/suggestions/36538813-update-the-back-end-of-skype-7-to-make-it-compatib

How about a 'Classic' look and feel (and features)??? And how about treating your customers like adults instead of 12 year olds??

• Валерий commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

верните старые версии скайпа- они более понятные и чётко работали

new version sucks big, Interface is so bad. cannot resize the video window. when resizing the video is crops in half. and there are 2 Skype sound controls appearing in windows volume mixer. what you did guys? making it worse.

1. Bring back the Classic Interface. Because it works.
        2. Bring back the Classic Interface. Because this new UI is unacceptable.
        If something works do not change it just because the trend is to go with floating UI's.
        People have been using skype since the stone age!!!

Why does it still look like a mobile app? I'm on a PC. Not a phone! A PC application shouldn't look like a cheap mobile app.

• Brance V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Don't force us to upgrade then if you can't provide the functionality yet."

this.

"The interface of the new version is horrible, it doesn't let you sign into 2 accounts at the same time, and now you left users with no choice at all."

couldnt said it better, i need 2x skype instances too since i have two different usernames and now with this new version im disallowed to do that too.

who in his right mind releases this unfinished app and forces you to update to it on top of it all.

• Brance V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

skype 8 is a sad joke, bring back classic, or make 8 have ALL skype 7 features properly implemented!

most importantly i need my chat text box to be resizable, what is wrong with you to take away the most simplest options, i cant even type in this tiny chat box without getting totally mad and frustrated.

you bring out a FORCED update, do you really want to FORCE users to find some alternatives, only because you can not get your act together?

this is unbelievable, nobody has asked for all these unneeded changes making everything worse.

I'm going to dismantle the skype .exe and take out that pathetic update prompt myself.

Sadly the forced upgrade will only force users to use an alternative and uninstall Skype. Here is a novel idea Microsoft; you say you read all the feedback - how about listening to it!

Not sure why Skype is so happy to read all the bad feed back on the latest version. JUST PUT IT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION!! Make it look and work just like v7 and get rid of all the ridiculous functionality Skype seem to think we all want. WE DONT!!

i liked the old Skype 7.41 version it was far better then the new one .wish i still could the the old 7.41 i would be using that one

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base